Just bought my first Merc... A few questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aj00

Car
C200 CDI W204
Hi all,

Having just bought my first Mercedes (but not picked up yet), I have been researching certain questions and failing to get some answers. Thought you guys might be helpful.

Here is the spec on the car:

Make MERCEDES-BENZ
Model C200 EXECUTIVE PACK SE CDI BLU SATNAV
Engine size cc 2143
Fuel Diesel
Body plan 4 Door Saloon
Colour BLACK
Gearbox 6 Speed Manual
Year of manufacture 2012

My questions are:
1) What does the executive pack contain?
2) Should I expect it to have Bluetooth (phone and music controlled via steering wheel)?
3) Should I expect it to have Hill Start Assist and Hold features?
4) Should I expect a USB port or SD Card slot for MP3 file playback? If so where will the ports/slots be?

Thanks in advance... I am picking up the car on Saturday (Can't wait!!)..

You will be seeing me around here! :thumb:

Welcome aboard!

I am new to Merc myself so not sure exactly what Executive pack contains but to answer your other questions to be best of my knowledge below:

My questions are:
1) What does the executive pack contain? not sure
2) Should I expect it to have Bluetooth (phone and music controlled via steering wheel)? Yes it should be there
3) Should I expect it to have Hill Start Assist and Hold features? Yes should be there
4) Should I expect a USB port or SD Card slot for MP3 file playback? If so where will the ports/slots be? USB and SD slots are normally between the two seats where the cup holder is..

1) What does the executive pack contain? not sure

I think that heated front seats is part of this pack - do you have these?

That would be cool! (or rather... hot)
Will find out on Saturday (when i get to actually sit my backside into it) and report back..:thumb:

You do ask some difficult questions don't you? As far as I can make out this is what the separate Executive Pack had prior to it being subsumed into the SE Executive Edition. I had to dig up some old info here which may not be 100% reliable so there are no guarantees. In other words don't get too excited!! Seems pretty thin seeing they used to charge over a grand for that pack! Executive package (code DP3) Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC Garmin Operation via controller, touchpad or voice control. SD card navigation with instructions shown on 7-inch high-resolution colour display in the instrument cluster. Includes 3D views with visualisation of roads and buildings as well as junction and lane assistants, making it easy for drivers to orientate themselves. Spoken instructions are emitted through vehicle’s built-in speakers. Software and map can be updated online Heated front seats Rear seats – split folding 40:20:40 (Saloon only) Roof rails – chrome (Estate only)

USB/AUX slots should be in the glove box, if not then check beneath passenger carpet. If nothing under carpet, no interface

Bluetooth etc there should be a button on steering wheel to answer/decline calls

Can't help with the rest

Remap my son, remap.

Errr.... he was not asking you to remap his son D:

By remapping the engine ECU you can get more power and/or torque out of the engine. There are car tuning firms who will do this for you.

Just keep in mind that you will need to notify your insurer, and also it may potentially invalidate the car's warranty (if it still has any lefr).

Oh I see... Thanks for clearing that up. At the risk of being shunned by the members here, I like to keep my car as close to the manufactured condition as possible, including scrapping off the dealership sticker... So any mods are a no go area for me...

Do I get a :ban: for this attitude? :crazy:

Oh I see... Thanks for clearing that up. At the risk of being shunned by the members here, I like to keep my car as close to the manufactured condition as possible, including scrapping off the dealership sticker... So any mods are a no go area for me...

Nope, you're going to have to work harder for that! :D:bannana::thumb:

No you don't.

My spark plugs have a little MB logo on them... which sees the light of day only twice throughout the plugs' lifetime, once when they are fitted and then again when they are replaced..... OCD or what :D

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry to have disappeared off but work was manic..

So, as said earlier, picked up the car last weekend...

To answer my own questions:
Not clear if the executive pack is on, but no heated seats, yes parking sensors
Hold and Hill Assist Yes
USB Yes (Central Armrest)
Bluetooth via steering wheel yes

IMG_20160926_174419.jpg

sketch_1475274954477.png

sketch_1475275084151.png

Got a WarrantyWise warranty, 13m for £550 (22k on the clock with 62 plate)

Have wanted to own 1 for a while, and feels like an absolute dream, the quality of materials and finish is just so impressive:rock:

Wife stalled it a couple of times, but thats down to it being our first diesel and replacing a 10 yr old workhorse of a Mondeo (kid happened)...

PS: Click the link below to learn about my obsession with the brand... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toc1lfF13us&start=678

Yes I am asian...:crazy:

Nice car

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

aj00, I've had two diesels before my C220, a Focus and a Bora. I remapped both of them sensibly - for instance Bora went from 130bhp and 220lbft to 170/290.

There was a map to give me 190/330lbft but that would have gone over the torque limit of the clutch, I respected the limits of turbo and clutch and left a healthy margin.

I had no problems in 10s of 1000s of miles with either car and got a quicker car with better mpg when cruising.

I plan to do the C220 next year at bonus time.

If you are sensible, remapping a diesel really has no downside.

Hi guys, sorry to have disappeared off but work was manic..

So, as said earlier, picked up the car last weekend...

To answer my own questions:
Not clear if the executive pack is on, but no heated seats, yes parking sensors
Hold and Hill Assist Yes
USB Yes (Central Armrest)
Bluetooth via steering wheel yes

IMG_20160926_174419.jpg

sketch_1475274954477.png

sketch_1475275084151.png

Got a WarrantyWise warranty, 13m for £550 (22k on the clock with 62 plate)

Have wanted to own 1 for a while, and feels like an absolute dream, the quality of materials and finish is just so impressive:rock:

Wife stalled it a couple of times, but thats down to it being our first diesel and replacing a 10 yr old workhorse of a Mondeo (kid happened)...

PS: Click the link below to learn about my obsession with the brand... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toc1lfF13us&start=678

Yes I am asian...:crazy:

I have the C220 through work with 93000 on the same plate. Great cars and the headlight shape give some it that aggressive look/stance when pulling up behind traffic

Hi, you can request a 'Datacard' printout from your MB dealer. it will list everything that is factory fitted to your particular vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom