Keyless entry theft from driveway W205 stolen in South Bucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guess you don’t have it? Mercedes Me app would be helpful in tracking car

You can turn position tracking off in the car though.

If the keys were both turned off with the double tap how could a relay attack work?

Yeah, I can relate to the pain. Did manage to get the car back?
Hi. Never saw the car again. Police suspect either broken down for parts or stolen to order and shipped abroad. Insurance company were very good in the end and actually paid out nearly £3000 more than I initally paid for the car 4 months previously. Just shows what a good deal I got on the car at time of purchase. It was a premium plus with lot's of extras including the auto high beam and air suspension. My insurance company used a couple of databases to get a current market valuation, one of these took into account factory fitted extras and the settlement figure increased substantually. Hope all goes well with your claim or vehicle recovery.

Hi. Never saw the car again. Police suspect either broken down for parts or stolen to order and shipped abroad. Insurance company were very good in the end and actually paid out nearly £3000 more than I initally paid for the car 4 months previously. Just shows what a good deal I got on the car at time of purchase. It was a premium plus with lot's of extras including the auto high beam and air suspension. My insurance company used a couple of databases to get a current market valuation, one of these took into account factory fitted extras and the settlement figure increased substantually. Hope all goes well with your claim or vehicle recovery.
That's a good result! Mine is prem plus too and you feel that insurers overlook those kind of things. Who were you insured with?

Does double tap deactivate the keyless go function only for that specific key you double tap? I.e keyless will continue to work on the spare?
Just that one key, the other will work as normal.

That's a good result! Mine is prem plus too and you feel that insurers overlook those kind of things. Who were you insured with?
Tesco car insurance. Was a bit worried when I made the claim but they were really good to deal with.

If the keys were both turned off with the double tap how could a relay attack work?
I’ve found with mine if you double tap one key the other one becomes live for keyless. If you double tap that one the other switches back. Biscuit tin is the safest option, providing they don’t come inside looking if their first option doesn’t work.

Biscuit tin is the safest option, providing they don’t come inside looking if their first option doesn’t work.
For me, the idea that they’ll take the second option is a real worry. No vehicle is worth that.

One key was, the spare was at least 12 feet from the front of the house. It's really surprising how far the signal can travel. I also always double tap the lock button on the key fob.
Very sadly and it is very easy to say after the event both keys should have been in security pouches. Can I ask why you didn’t use the other pouch as they are normally supplied in pairs. The spare key can also be turned off by pressing ‘Lock’ twice as additional security :)

I keep my keys in a metal tin - although I thought they were meant to go to sleep after a while?
Depends on the year of the car I believe.
I know that my key does, however regardless of having a sleep mode, you can just double press the lock button to disable the keyless signal, just means you'll need to press a button to reactive the key

Rather sad state of affairs to be fair and all
too easy for these scum.
I am surprised your insurance co didn't ask what you paid for the car to pay you more (but thats secondary given what happened).

When I look at your driveway, consider investing in some gates that you close at night and get a German Shepard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom