Keyless Entry Theft From Driveway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, there was a attempted theft of a RR in my Road over Chrimbo. They got in the car, started the the car but we're unable to disconnect the charging cable :doh: so legged it !

The waste of flesh was in luck then as he may have got caught if the RR was not plugged in, IE RR's are famous or should I say infamous for breaking down :D

Deported, great but you can't deport them if they are British citizens.
Even if they are not, hardly anyone gets told to go.
There have been incidents and one a couple of years ago when someone was deported becuse of very serious crimes returned to the UK
and the gangsta murdered someone.
If they have British Citizenship then the Home Secretary can remove it and order that they are deported.

As we are no longer subject to EU law this has fewer obstacles to prevent it.

Deported, great but you can't deport them if they are British citizens.
Even if they are not, hardly anyone gets told to go.

We tend to think of the UK as being incompetent at something like this due to endless legal appeals but we do successfully deport criminals in spite of many protests by do-gooders.
One problem is the receiving country has to agree to take them and sometimes they don't resulting in the UK having to take sanctions against them. I would have thought the solution is simple - take your criminals back or no one from your country can enter the UK.
Numbers deported were running as high as 3000 per year prior to Covid but have dropped of to below 1000.

We tend to think of the UK as being incompetent at something like this due to endless legal appeals but we do successfully deport criminals in spite of many protests by do-gooders.
One problem is the receiving country has to agree to take them and sometimes they don't resulting in the UK having to take sanctions against them. I would have thought the solution is simple - take your criminals back or no one from your country can enter the UK.
Numbers deported were running as high as 3000 per year prior to Covid but have dropped of to below 1000.

I think we only deport criminals who are not UK citizens.

The process of stripping someone from their UK citizenship is complicated and rare. In the first instance, they will need to be eligible for a citizenship from another country (you can't legally turn someone into a refugee). Then, the reason will typically be one of national security, rather than general criminal activity.

It was all much easier when Australia was still a penal colony... :D

Well, there was a attempted theft of a RR in my Road over Chrimbo. They got in the car, started the the car but we're unable to disconnect the charging cable :doh: so legged it !
I didn't think Rolls-Royce did a plug-in car.

Maybe he'd already been convicted of a different offence?
Maybe. But how does that work ? (genuine question) .He is either 'inside' or on bail , I thought you Had to be bailed to an address ? Maybe he got bail but had no address so they let him stay in the chokey and gave him his own key 🤷‍♂️.

Someone on here will know.

Range Rover P400e PHEV hybrid maybe?
Ah.

Strange how a set of random initials mean something different to different people.

Maybe it's just because all my neighbours drive Rolls-Royces?! :banana:

Ah.

Strange how a set of random initials mean something different to different people.

Maybe it's just because all my neighbours drive Rolls-Royces?! :banana:
I responded to that post on the basis that RR = Roller Royce but in my head I knew that RR do not do battery powered cars as my two of my siblings have one, recent models my dad has three and my uncle has five nearly new ones, just joking :D
Then I though outside the box re my fav car that I would own if money was no object a Range Rover, the proper big ones and not the RR evoke or whatever it is called.

When we purchased outright our GLE, I did consider a RR Sport that was about a year old and would have cost about another 10/12k on top of what we paid for the GLE I think. The reliability, lack of it put me off.

These RR's and RR Spoerts are the business IMO but you don't want to be worrying about a fault 24/7 and IMO these cars/RR are like that and worse once out of warranty.

Maybe. But how does that work ? (genuine question) .He is either 'inside' or on bail , I thought you Had to be bailed to an address ?
What I meant was that maybe he had been a "free man" at the time of this offence, but in the interim he had been tried and convicted (jailed) for a different offence, so he was brought from prison (his current home) to stand trial for this one.

Since the majority now read their news on the net, I've noted almost daily spelling mistakes, grammatically errors and more.

Could this have been a case of the person typing the story cut and pasting one of the crooks previous addresses, HM prison?

Since the majority now read their news on the net, I've noted almost daily spelling mistakes, grammatically errors and more.

Could this have been a case of the person typing the story cut and pasting one of the crooks previous addresses, HM prison?
Indeed.

What I meant was that maybe he had been a "free man" at the time of this offence, but in the interim he had been tried and convicted (jailed) for a different offence, so he was brought from prison (his current home) to stand trial for this one.

Or maybe just on remand in prison? More commonplace than may initially be thought.

If your car is keyless go and you can't disable it in the cars menu then the safest place for your keys is inside your microwave oven. Best Faraday Cage in your house.

If your car is keyless go and you can't disable it in the cars menu then the safest place for your keys is inside your microwave oven. Best Faraday Cage in your house.
....until you switch it on and it fries them!

Ernie

....until you switch it on and it fries them!

Ernie
That’s the deep fat frier you’re thinking of Ernie. I’ll get my coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom