Lenny's CLS 55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No Updates really
Just driving the car daily and it's been fantastic
Service due in approx 2.5k - going to investigate getting it sealed for winter

Great car! just trying to see if mine has a problem. in yours can you paddle shift through to 5th gear in M or S mode, because in mine, I can only get to 4th? I have only just bought the car too so not sure if its a problem or normal.

Thanks in advance.

Wow how time has flown on

The CLS55 is still my daily driver...now at 92k

Had rear SAM issues last month and ive since replaced this and all is good

Tinkering with the idea of a smaller pulley and upgraded cooling to give me some more power !!

New brembo discs and pads on the front. .all 4 pins innthe calipers replaced too

Now then pal, good to hear you still have the beast and she is serving you well! :)

Great car! just trying to see if mine has a problem. in yours can you paddle shift through to 5th gear in M or S mode, because in mine, I can only get to 4th? I have only just bought the car too so not sure if its a problem or normal.

Thanks in advance.
You can paddle shift in M up to 5th.. But it will only go into and show 5th over about 50 mph. Probably the same in S. Never tried.

Now on 99k and 17 years
Still got it :D

oksfinC.jpeg

c271km2.jpeg

@Lenny63 you are the sort of person I like buying cars from. :thumb:
Thanks sir ! I have contemplated shifting on this beast many times...but I can't. Everytime.i jump back in it , it pulls me in !

The car is only used during the summer months now and kept in storage for 6/7 months of the year...keeps the mileage low.

In actually sending to in for some paint work in June as age related marks/chips on the front and rear bumper and to tidy up the rear arches as they are a little grubby.

I should also add a few updates:

-I sourced a set of genuine 19" CLS55 AMG alloy wheels - have never tried them on just yet, though the multi spokes have always suited the car. Option is there should I need it

- New Bosch AGM battery July 2019
- 1x OEM rear airmatic airbag October 2019
- 2x new OEM rear airmatic shock absorbers in November 2019

- New corteco OEM engine mounts installed June 2020

- Since June 2020, Car has been running a DTK 600 kit which consists of a 77mm Pulley, Uprated intercooler, DTK ECU Tune, DTK TCU Tune, Belt Wrap Kit.
During these upgrades the following were also done:
- New OEM S/C Tensioner
- S/C fluid changed
- Double Idler pulleys replaced
- New Coolant

-Full service including air filters and OEM Oil , Gearbox Oil/TC & Diff Oil changed with Genuine MB fluids October 2020

-Airmatic Pump refurb August 2021

That' about all.I can remember for now 😋

Last edited:
Gorgeous motor.

What is the official paint colour, please?

Knew there was someone out there with a similar level of OCD as me ;) Yours is beautiful Lenny and nothing comes close to what this car offers for the money. Nothing. Love it!

Mine’s probably not as clean as yours but I’ll get the hose out this weekend. As I’m sure you’ll agree, it’s important to detail inside the fuel cap too… :D

2B17382B-2F11-4611-948C-D589B7F4E921.jpeg
060A28C9-EF15-4CB6-9D61-93997254BB9F.jpeg

Keep it you will regret it, loads do.
Don’t tempt me please otherwise I might just do that! I’m abroad regularly now and I’m a believer in using cars regularly to keep them running well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom