• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Low mileage 560 SEC 50K!!!!!!!

Ask Charles how much it costs to restore a 114.

It is much easier to have a new Merc than a Classic Merc in top order....

Wonder why it has the wrong wheel bolts on ?
The brown int does look good and works well with the smoked silver

I love it but there's better ways to spend fifty grand imo. One thing for sure it would have be to the ideal colour combo for someone to buy it along with having a preference for leather over velour. Still hard to beat ready to use classic all the same.

Personally, I'd prefer to buy one with 100k plus miles for five grand and spend another twenty grand on it.

Ask Charles how much it costs to restore a 114.

It is much easier to have a new Merc than a Classic Merc in top order....

Hopefully a fair bit less than this otherwise bye bye shirt and house...

It's very rare to come across a car in that condition with that mileage. Someone would have to want that a lot to pay that - £50k buys you a lot of car elsewhere, and I would put my money on that not selling.

You'd have to be mad to drive it, every mile and every bit of wear destroys its value and uniqueness.

If you did want to drive it I would look at all the hoses and rubber for perishing and anything that MB identifies as time deteriorating rather than wear items. Shouldn't be a monumental amount if it's been looked after.

Hopefully a fair bit less than this otherwise bye bye shirt and house...

It's very rare to come across a car in that condition with that mileage. Someone would have to want that a lot to pay that - £50k buys you a lot of car elsewhere, and I would put my money on that not selling.

Agreed about the time expired bits, but just as a matter of interest add up what you've spent and your time Charles.....

To get a C126 in this condition from an average car nowadays is going to cost a fair bit. Possibly not in this instance but often it is cheaper to get one in this condition than go through the exercise of restoring one properly.

If you include my time at the minimum wage then almost certainly, but that is pretty spurious accounting in my book as no real cost was incurred, as I'd probably have been doing something equally unproductive. In fact, if it saved me spending on rose bushes, singing lessons and gourmet meals, perhaps I should include the savings against the cost of this.

However, there aren't many people who'd want a W114 at £49k, and I have similar doubts about this. Cost vs value is always the problem with older cars.

Last edited:
Now that made me laugh. :)

Not a 114 but 560SEC....

I can see the likes of Lloyd Marx being asked to work his magic on them soon enough - at which time this one would be considered cheap-ish.

Damn, i thought the 50k was the mileage, not the price!

Just checked and it's still for sale.

I thought everyone got paid this weekend?

They did if our local LIDL is a barometer!

Beautiful,,,,, One of the best cars Mercedes ever built

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom