• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M3 or c63

mpgrant70

Hi all I am about to press the button to by my next car so why should I by a c63 over a M3 my last few cars have been bm,s help me make my mind up

Its faster,

sounds better,

it has enough torque 'to start a dead planet' whereas the M3 doesn't,

its better looking.

Its just a better car...!

If you said M5 vs E63... my answer would be very different, and I've had a 540i and will have another because I think the 5-Series is BMW's finest car. So i'm not MB biased :)

As above + an m3's suspension will break your back compared to a 63,performance wise the m3 would be more matched to a 500 than a 63:D

The C63 is so much more discerning. The M3's image is favoured by the teen brigade. No offence. :D

If you want a car for the track then its the M3, if you want a car that makes you smile every time you floor it then it's the Merc.

You simply can't beat the noise it makes.

With the M3 you have to really rev it to get the best from it with the Merc the power is always there.

If you do choose the M3 you must get the DCT box as the manual in awful.

The MB does comfort and power very well and does not come with that little MB label.....Class.

one of them is two-a-penny...
the other one is in my garage

benz brutality..
there is no substitute for litres..

Having owned a C63 AMG and also driven an E90 BMW M3, hand on heart the C63 is a much better car. It looks better, sounds better, interior is vastly superior to the M3. I had to sell mine relatively quickly for business reasons but you can rest assured that I will be buying another sometime in the near future.
If you do decide to buy one make sure you source one that has the Performance Pack and the AMG differential lock.

c63 amg will crush the m3, its better, faster more comfortable and alot more fun n its a beautiful car

I would love to hear the replys on BMW land if you have asked on their....

:)

Im sure there would be dozens of replies from the hoards of M3 drivers:rolleyes:

Last edited:
the fact on in a Merc forum asking this quiestion would surgest you know what u should get and jus need a gentle push to do the deal lol

Well, I've had both...and an M6 so here is my opinion.

The C63 doesn't handle quite as well as the M3, it doesn't turn into bends as positively and it isn't quite as finely balanced. Also, it doesn't have the option of one of the best sound systems that I've ever heard (as my M3 did).

For everything else, the C63 is a superior car.

Now, if you spend 50% of your time on a track then I can fully understand getting an M3. Otherwise, in my experience the C63 is the better road car AND it has so much, SO MUCH more presence.

Also, if your budget can stretch to the Performance Pack Plus then you're talking performance similar to an M5/M6 rather than the M3 - I certainly don't feel like I've downgraded performance wise going from and M6 to my C63.

Have you driven both yet? If so, then you should be able to pick your favourite from the drive as they are relatively different to be able to make a suitable decision.

If you want predictable, obvious ubiquity, get the M3. If you want a mental patient in a suit, get a C63.

I've recently driven both, and pretty much decided to get a C63. In addition to what's been said already, the MB also seemed more spacious...

M3 is a driver's car, it will out-handle and out-perform C63, but when it comes to luxury and overall rating of a car, then C63 wins everything.

M3 is a driver's car, it will out-handle and out-perform C63, but when it comes to luxury and overall rating of a car, then C63 wins everything.

The Merc is pretty abissmal to look at inside. My work colleaugue had a look at the demo car I had and said the Renault meganne he hired was better. Having said that I like all the switch gear its just the actual dash and door tops that are lacking.
Comfort wise the Merc is pretty firm and an EDC equipped M3 gives better flexibility with ride conditions, neither are luxury cars.
There are aspects of each that are better than the other but the sum of the parts are pretty near, you just cant ignore the Mercs sound.

Eh? How exactly will a 410 HP M3 outperform 450 HP C63?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom