• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M3 or c63

I actually think the C63 needs the performance pack, if that is what gives you the LSD?? Which also gives it the more aggressive damper set up, however, this then makes the C63 no where near as comfy as the M3, the M3 with the active damper set up is actually probably one of the comfiest of the mid sized saloons you can get, beating the M-Sport or Sport versions of the normal line.

The M3 is more focused, is more dynamic, and is the better car, however I would take a C63 just because there are less of them around. I love M3's and they deserve to sell in the numbers they do sell in, as they are simply outstanding cars, and that is the reason they sell so well.

Eh? How exactly will a 410 HP M3 outperform 450 HP C63?

Corners. ;)

The M3 has an uncanny ability to let you know exactly what is going on, in a way only the best sports cars can, and that allows you to keep the speed up.

It is a great car to learn to 'properly' drive in for that reason.

Mate of mine with a C63 thinks the M3 is awesome, but he just doesn't want to own it.

When people tell me they have an M3, it could be any one of several versions over the years. There are loads of them about....

But there is only one C63...

When people tell me they have an M3, it could be any one of several versions over the years. There are loads of them about....

When people tell me they have an M3, my eyes glaze over.....:rolleyes:
When someone mentions a C63......:cool:
As always, it's not always about the car- it's about who is driving it:devil:

The M3 has the Range Rover Sport image imo,..... The drive is rock hard in comparison to the C63 which I also had for a day. The C63 is far more refined and is for the image concious is a bit more grown up. I just couldn'ty get one due to the compnay car tax & opted for the C350 with AMG wheels instead.

I had two E46 M3's and they were fantastic, the new one is turd. Had one for a day & decided to go for a 335d M Sport which was a far better car. Still a hard ride with those runflats.

I'm sure the C63 owners here are better qualified to commentg on this, but C63 every time for me. If I liked the M3 I'd put up with the image branding though. :D

The M3 is more focused, is more dynamic, and is the better car, however I would take a C63 just because there are less of them around. I love M3's and they deserve to sell in the numbers they do sell in, as they are simply outstanding cars, and that is the reason they sell so well.

I agree with all of this except, rather predictably...

and is the better car

I would change it to...

and is the better DRIVERS car

Ultimately, after having had both the M3 is not the better car...the C63 is better packaged, better built (yes, even with the nasty plastic dash, the way in which it is assembled is much better), more refined, smoother drivetrain and quicker (on the road I doubt an M3 would pull any lead on a C63 like it would on track).

The M3 is a fantastic car and I often toy with going back to one just for the handling (which is exceptional) but as an ownership prospect for a car that spends most of it's time on the queens highway the C63 is superior.

And there will ever only be one....in 3-4 years we won't be seeing a 6.2 engine in such a car again!

The C63 could be pretty much perfect if MB did 3 things....

Fit the adaptive dampers from the E63 performance pack

Fit the MCT gearbox from the E63

Improve the dash

Now, we know the last one is happening in 2-3 months with the facelift version but the top two??....I just hope they see sense when carrying out the facelift and do them too!

1 is unlikely as the 204 chassis was not developed with adaptive dampers being available, unlike the 212 which was

2 is likely as AMG makes its cars more responsive

C63 the gentlemans choice. Everytime.:cool:

I always think the M3 is a bit chavvy

I always think the C63 as classy

The C63 could be pretty much perfect if MB did 3 things....

Improve the dash

Now, we know the last one is happening in 2-3 months with the facelift version but the top two??....I just hope they see sense when carrying out the facelift and do them too!

I 100% agree with you regarding the dash, its absolute terrible, it makes the interior look so cheap.

I would say overall the C63 is the better car but the interior in all W204 is piss poor.

I drive an E46 M3 as my daily and I love it, such a great car, very involving and exciting car to drive i'd pick it over the low tec C32 or a C55 any day even if the c32 and c55 are slightly faster in a straight line but they feel crap to drive compared to the E46 M3!

Having test drove both the new M3 DCT and the C63 AMG DR520 there is no doubt the c63 is in a different league when it comes to straight line perfomance also it sounds allot better, rides allot better! You can hardly hear the V8 in the new M3 and it doesnt even sound like a V8 anyway.

I preffer the looks of the new M3 over the C63,specially in white but over all the C63 AMG gets my vote anyday with PP is perfect! PURE POWER!

All the m3 has over the c63 is it handles better round the track, thats all the m3 drivers have to say when comparing cars but if I wanted a car that handles for the track then i'd go and buy a BOXSTER S simple as.

in the rear world when your sat at the lights the m3 would not stand a chance or when your behind an m3 on the motorways and screem past it:D:cool:

Having test drove both the new M3 DCT and the C63 AMG DR520 there is no doubt the c63 is in a different league when it comes to straight line perfomance also it sounds allot better, rides allot better! You can hardly hear the V8 in the new M3 and it doesnt even sound like a V8 anyway.

:eek::eek: You never told me me you done the DR520! You have it for the day then in the end or not?

C63 all day every day.
Far more exclusive than an M3.
Wins hands down.
My dream car of the moment!

:eek::eek: You never told me me you done the DR520! You have it for the day then in the end or not?

Lol, take it easy bud, I havnt took it for 24hrs yet, only took it for a 45mins test drive and took it round MB world track, i've posted it on here if you remember...

I think I still have the offer of taking it for 24hrs, as soon as I get some time off work then me and you are heading off to get it, lol.:D

Text me and let me know when your free soon.

Must be the white demo saloon i heard the rest are all sold ?

All the m3 has over the c63 is it handles better round the track, thats all the m3 drivers have to say when comparing cars but if I wanted a car that handles for the track then i'd go and buy a BOXSTER S simple as.

in the rear world when your sat at the lights the m3 would not stand a chance or when your behind an m3 on the motorways and screem past it:D:cool:

Problem is, you could say that all the C63 has is more straightline speed and will beat the M3 off the lights. Once the novelty of that has worn off then what??

I loved the M3's because it feels special at any speed, you can drive around the coast roads never breaking the speed limit and it still feels special, the thing with the C63 is you are in license loosing speeds when it starts to come alive.

I am not saying the above is true, just saying you can twist it around any way you want to make it work for you. :D

Lol, take it easy bud, I havnt took it for 24hrs yet, only took it for a 45mins test drive and took it round MB world track, i've posted it on here if you remember...

I think I still have the offer of taking it for 24hrs, as soon as I get some time off work then me and you are heading off to get it, lol.:D

Text me and let me know when your free soon.

Haha, im taking it easy, take deep breaths, take deep breaths. Lol.

Yea for sure, we'll arrange something and you can do a write up on here for everyone aswell to tell them how much you'd rather have the dr520 over the E46. :ban::D

M3 for the track and C63 for road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom