Mercedes Vito Rust Warranty. This is what you get..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Vianos and V-Class rust in exactly the same places as Vitos.

Is this where we have to pretend Mercedes vans don't rust??

V-Classes are 638s and mostly rusty as hell. Vianos aren't.

A few Vitos do have some corrosion (as with many other M-B models). That's different to saying they all rust.

V-Classes are 638s and mostly rusty as hell. Vianos aren't.

A few Vitos do have some corrosion (as with many other M-B models). That's different to saying they all rust.

Note the rust at the bottom of the doors on this 06:

MERCEDES NEW VITO 109 CDI LONG 55 REG WHITE VAN | eBay

Note the rust around the tailgate lock (all Vitos do this):

mercedes vito cdi compact panal van | eBay

And then compare them with a 638 to see a similar rust in same places:

MERCEDES VITO | eBay

Seems this argument is going to run and run (at least until the bodywork rusts away...)

Note the rust around the tailgate lock (all Vitos do this)

No, they don't. I've never personally seen one with rust there (and I've seen a lot of 639s). As logic doesn't seem to be your strong point I'd better spell out the significance of this - it means it can't be true that all Vitos rust there. However it doesn't mean that no Vitos rust there either, because I haven't personally inspected all 40,000 639s on the road in the UK (and nor have you) :rolleyes:

The ones with tailgates all rust around the lock
So at what age does this happen? Most of the 639s I see every week have tailgates, and none have rust around the lock. So clearly it's not the case that they all do it.

So at what age does this happen?

I saw an 06 plate one in Temple Fortune this morning with rot all around the tailgate handle.

But the bigger question is surely why do I see all these rusty Vitos when they come with an extensive 12(?) year rust warrenty, I should not be seeing any rusty vans.

I saw an 06 plate one in Temple Fortune this morning with rot all around the tailgate handle.

So by extension, all Vitos and Vianos are rusty? As I said before, logic really doesn't seem to be your strong point.

I will repeat - yes, a small percentage of 639s have some rust. Yes, I agree it's terrible. And yes, some dealers don't seem to respond to issues very well.

But ... it's definitely not the case that all of them rust (or anything near it). And it's not the case that all claims are rejected by dealers either:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1413548-post15.html

So by extension, all Vitos and Vianos are rusty? As I said before, logic really doesn't seem to be your strong point.

I keep seeing *lots* of rusty Mercedes Vitos, I have no reason to make this up.

As far as percentages go, it seems that a small percentage of Mercedes vans are rust free, but the majority have issues.

The claims *must* be rejected otherwise I would not keep seeing rusty vans, what use is a rust warrenty that does not cover rust.

It's not like any of these are elderly vehicles, there's no excuse.

I keep seeing *lots* of rusty Mercedes Vitos, I have no reason to make this up.
QUOTE]

I too see many 639s which are rust free but are also ones that have been clearly looked after.

I agree the vito is a rust magnet, but like any car if you treat it like the proverbial it will end up like a rust bucket. Many vitos that are littered with rust have clearly had a hard life. Theres a 53 plate vito that is still clean that can be seen on a regular basis round warrington.

Ill try and get a photo next time.

I have no reason to make this up.

As I recall, you've had a grudge against M-B in general and Vitos in particular since you bought a 638 which went rusty (as virtually all of them did).

As I recall, you've had a grudge against M-B in general and Vitos in particular since you bought a 638 which went rusty (as virtually all of them did).

I think Mercedes should get their act together and stop making rusty vans, but other than that I have nothing against them, I own 6 of them afterall.

Rusting away!

Hi all, haven't post here before but have an idea.
Why not set up a facebook group where everyone who joins (Vito Owners)can upload their photos. The group will naturally get bigger as more users join and upload their photos.
Then when there's strength in numbers the link could be posted to Mercedes page in each country?

Viva La revolution!

Hi all, haven't post here before but have an idea.
Why not set up a facebook group where everyone who joins (Vito Owners)can upload their photos. The group will naturally get bigger as more users join and upload their photos.
Then when there's strength in numbers the link could be posted to Mercedes page in each country?

Viva La revolution!

Social Media is the way forwards.....and it's not like they can deny it if you have actual pictures - perhaps a group "I've got a rusty Mercedes and am ****** off about it" and everyone join and post and share their experiences with MBUK customer services and the tales of rejection.....it's amazing the power these sorts of group things have these days :)

Not rust related but, when I had my Vito, they tried it on a few times with doing work which was not authorised. I made them take the parts off, and refused to pay for any work they carried out beyond, what I had stated. You have to watch them. My neighbour had a real rust problem on his Vito, they refused to anything to it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom