Mercedes W114 250 Coupe - help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.niemoeller.de/w115-en/B115-47.html

Niemoeller too, 115 bits have got rather more expensive than they use to be...

Crikey - they're twice as expensive as MB classic. I can see I'm going to really have to shop carefully on this. The key has to be doing as much as possible myself and only buy in if no alternative.

Crikey - they're twice as expensive as MB classic. I can see I'm going to really have to shop carefully on this. The key has to be doing as much as possible myself and only buy in if no alternative.

Mercedes Benz of Poole might be a good port of call for parts, they supposedly keep a lot of parts for the old ones.

I've got a wing :thumb:

euromercwebstore: NS FRONT WING

Are these the headlight reflectors?

MERCEDES 114 250C 280C COUPE HEADLIGHTS REFLECTORS | eBay

Good question - there are a few differences - my headlights are Hella non H4 - they look like H4s and have different adjustment mechanism. Good price though!

Noted on the wing, I think that will be the last of the purchases for the respray.

A good article on the Manifold Pressure Sensor principles of operation and repair found on the Bosch jetronic D system. It would be a brave man who would take one apart :eek: but you have to marvel at the watchlike electromechanical precision mechanism all the same! :cool:
The Manifold Pressure Sensor
manifo5.jpg

If I take the D jet off, it will have your name on it Graeme!

Good question - there are a few differences - my headlights are Hella non H4 - they look like H4s and have different adjustment mechanism. Good price though!

Noted on the wing, I think that will be the last of the purchases for the respray.

It's worth asking the seller if he has any other reflectors, as that's a really good price, and indeed asking him what other parts he's got as he's not being greedy price wise.

Looking at some of the other sellers parts, the lenses are in Farba boxes, and a google reveals: "I know that the reflector for the H4 part is available for $10 each in Turkey, probably made to higher standards by Farba, licenced by Cibie than the original Hella. "

(Euro headlamped owners | Mercedes-Benz Club of America)

So perhaps Turkey could be a good place to shop for reflectors? Pretty well impossible to get here, and big money from the Germans.

Had a good look at mine and with one minor, irrelevant difference, they're the same, so ordered those.

He has a good selection of W114 parts - two sets of map pockets, not in red that I need to replace the broken one, but looks well plugged in.

Looking at some of the other sellers parts, the lenses are in Farba boxes, and a google reveals: "I know that the reflector for the H4 part is available for $10 each in Turkey, probably made to higher standards by Farba, licenced by Cibie than the original Hella. "

(Euro headlamped owners | Mercedes-Benz Club of America)

So perhaps Turkey could be a good place to shop for reflectors? Pretty well impossible to get here, and big money from the Germans.

Doesn't surprise me at all - much lower labour rates, tolerance of dirtier trades like chroming etc.

Had a good look at mine and with one minor, irrelevant difference, they're the same, so ordered those.

He has a good selection of W114 parts - two sets of map pockets, not in red that I need to replace the broken one, but looks well plugged in.

Red ones!

sahibinden.com - Sat?l?k, Kiral?k, 2.El, Emlak, Oto, Araba, Al??veri?, Hizmet, Kariyer, ?? ?lanlar?, Bilgisayar, Cep Telefonu, Tekne, Motosiklet, ?? Makinesi fiyatlar? - ilan ve al??veri?te ilk adres

He - £36 too...now to work out how to get them, my turkish not being that great.

Meanwhile Euromerc Turkey is obviously days away from launch!

I think it is - big overlap and one name the same, and I'm sure that must be Turkish ebay.

There's a lot of stuff I'll need there, better get on and do an inventory, and see if he'll ship it altogether etc.

Good spot Nick!

I did some measuring of the beast yesterday to see if I needed to move my freezer in the garage and in doing so noticed quite how curvaceous it is for a car that initially looks so angular.

The car is now really growing on me, but didn't like to hear how rubbish the fuel economy is! Down with D Jet, boo hiss...

Drools...

Mine won't look like that.

Is it the same man you brought the reflectors from?

I assume Sahibinden is a Turkish ebay/gumtree equ?

I've registered with them and it does look like Ebay (without auctions). Lots of other W114 stuff there too. Unhelpfully the seller of the stuff I want which is not on ebay has not replied to my message and there is no buy it now option, you have to contact him.

Any Turkish speakers on here? HELP!

The car is now really growing on me, but didn't like to hear how rubbish the fuel economy is! Down with D Jet, boo hiss...

Mid teens mpg bad?
If it's 20 years since it last ran, it's diet then would have been leaded 4-star presumably. Will it accept un-leaded without additives or replacement valve seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom