Midlands GTG Sunday 22nd Final Details!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I missed what appears to have been a great day.

We were up early, chamoised the rain away, checked the fluids, washed shaved, ironed. Everything was set and off we went.

Then BUGGER and BLAST and HELL and DAMNATION.:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

There was a noise coming from the front that sounded like bad news. Only 8 miles done and we had to turn around. I nursed it back home and a bad tempered investigation involving all my hammers revealed a shi$$y front bearing.

Picture 003.jpg

Having smacked it out, I then found I couldn't get a replacement, 'Not on a Sunday, Sir.'

So I've had to rebuild the hub with the crappy bearing just so Mrs O'Phile can get to work in the morning.

Not a good day. And just to put a tin hat on it all, half a tooth fell out.

I've had better weekends.

Hope to see you at the next one, and thanks for the pics, now I'm really depressed as I think my 300E would have looked quite nice there. Just in case you never see it heres a pic..
Picture 004-1.jpg

Oi! I was right next to you in my 'old skool' 124, and all you did was tell me my doors were saggier than yours! ;) :p

That 2.6 sounded sweet, though :)

I meant when we arrived.

You arrived after us then the day was saved!

I shall pass on the compliments to the young owner of the 2.6.

He's only 20!

Lucky boy!

Regards,

KJ

A huge thank-you to Jay and his family for organising a superb get-together. :bannana:

Cheers also to Gollom for the name badges, Goldfish for the grub (though the burger could have done with a slice of cheese on it :devil:), Richard for the T-shirt and all our photographers.
icon14.gif

And thanks as always to everybody else for coming along! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom