Motor Legal Protection - £22 worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dinnie

Hi, is paying £22 for MLP on insurance policies worth it in order to cover £50k in legal expenses when recovering uninsured losses?

In my past experience uninsured losses were like your NCB discount and excess but if I have NCB protection then surely, that part of it wouldn't matter.

I could understand paying £22 on a £1,000 policy but on a £250 policy insuring the wife's Clio represents a high percentage of the overall policy cost.

Thanks!

I have three policies with the same company and pay twenty squids for legal expenses cover. Good value I think as in my case uninsured losses is just one aspect of the cover. Look at the cover wording carefully. I'd be surprised if it's only for uninsured loss recovery but I may well be wrong, different companies do things different ways!

You might want to check your household insurance policy - many now have this as standard and you could end up paying twice over.

As you say, it's a high proprtion of the total. I've twice got my uninsured losses back from third party insurers just by writing and setting out the details of my claim. Paid up both times with no questions asked.

For me - it's a no.

You might want to check your household insurance policy - many now have this as standard and you could end up paying twice over.

Just checked - wow, it's covered and up to £1m !!

Thanks for saving me the £22 :bannana: - I hope it helps others on this forum too.

I've just insured both of our cars and have opted not to take legal cover. However I keep it on the house insurance as suggested by Beetnik.

i up excess to £800, no legal, no break down, no windscreen generally nothing other than a bare bones policy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom