My C63 - 8 Months Later

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Trying to think of a C63 owner that isn't obsessive.......can't think of one.

:rolleyes:

Take no notice Benjy.

It's a great car and a great write up.

Being happy with a major purchase is a great feeling.

You'd be amazed how green some people's valleys are :rolleyes:.

Cheers John, You know I love the car to bits and he is right in that I am a little obsessive with it but this is only because I really appreciate it. TBH I would love everyone to get what they wanted and have that same feeling picking something up so special.

Think the missus thinks its a bit weird though putting a blanket round it at night and giving it a kiss before I switch the radiator on with its dummy! LOL.... ONLY KIDDING!!!!!

Trying to think of a C63 owner that isn't obsessive.......can't think of one.
Hi potential new C63 AMG estate owner, October delivery.

Slightly off topic, after my usual 2 buckets washes with lamb wool mitts, zymol etc etc, then I use a great big Black&Decker leaf blower to blow out the water out of all the nooks and crannies.
Should have seen my neighbours' faces when I was using my Black&Decker :D

Kin

Kinaero that has to be the best post on here in a very long time LOL. I think that makes a lot of sense to do that the water streaks on my car after washing really wind me up.

Good man keep it up

I've had mine over a year now (done 11,000 miles), and I'm still not bored of it! Infact it's the longest I've ever kept a car so far, and intend to do so for the near future. As already said, you just don't get fed up of the noise from that V8 and AMG exhaust system, especially first thing in the morning when you end up waking the neighbours. It's a very fast and practical car, and if you aren't going to be doing track days, it has more than enough power for the British roads.

Apart from minor squeaking door mirrors and slightly squealing brakes first thing on a morning, nothing has gone wrong with it, very reliable. I've also used a whole 5L top-up bottle of Mobil1 oil and plenty of V-power fuel. Tyres... Well I put winter tyres on it at just 3,000 miles and I've been using them all year round. They were down to 5mm on the rears at 11,000 miles which is pretty good wear rate on them Vredesteins. I think I will put on a new set of rears before next winter as they were really good performers last winter.

Great post Benjy and also interesting to hear other owners experiences. I'm really looking forward to getting mine and hope that it is ready in late August as promised.

Well I put winter tyres on it at just 3,000 miles and I've been using them all year round. They were down to 5mm on the rears at 11,000 miles which is pretty good wear rate on them Vredesteins. I think I will put on a new set of rears before next winter as they were really good performers last winter.
Did you actually use the winter tyre all year round? What's handling like in summer?

Great post Benjy and also interesting to hear other owners experiences. I'm really looking forward to getting mine and hope that it is ready in late August as promised.
Hello, Brian ;) :D

Some lubricant from the dealer!!

You just bend over and......

No, they dismantle it an apply a new 'formula' grease.

Not a DIY, sorry.

S

Hello, Brian ;) :D
Hi Kin,
Guess you've sold the Cobra? We're missing you on the other site! Maybe we should meet up when we have C63's. :thumb:

Hi Kin,
Guess you've sold the Cobra? We're missing you on the other site! Maybe we should meet up when we have C63's. :thumb:
Yes we meet up one day when my C63 arrives.
Sold the Cob, solar panels fitted to my roof, must buy another V8 to address the eco balance :rolleyes: :D

Will pm you on the other site. :)

Well its almost a year now and my baby celebrates her birthday in 2 weeks time.... and do I still love this car....Oh yeah, very much so, I think being an AMG owner and being able to drive this engineering master piece has been incredible. To celebrate I have treated my C63 to a bit of Rob treatment and got a full detail done inside and out through Gleam machine...again did Rob come up to the expectations of what I have been acustomed to???... of course he did and has produced one of the best details I have ever seen on any car to which she mine is looking brand new once again. I will post some pics up a bit later so you can see first hand just how good my P&J looks. Not to say that I have been neglecting her in anyway as she still receives the usual TLC that I have come to manage this car and the high expectations that only the Rashman would appreciated to the highest degree's... bless ya Rash, be good to see you soon mate.

As for any maintenance, well she comes up for her 1st service on the 26th so I will be making my way down to MB and sitting to wait for the car to be done, to which I have also said to them that I will be coming out on the test drive as well once the service has been completed. Due to the headaches I had last year with my dealer there is not a chance on this planet am I letting my car out of my sight while in their hands. I have said that I will supply the oil so Halfords will be getting a visit tomorrow, plus I have my new pads that need fitting, the old ones are now squeaking which is winding me up a bit, so brand new AMG jobbies will be fitted on top of the service. I have been told that not including the oil and pad change my service will be £187 which I dont think is too bad for a first one.

Insurance renewel from MB came in this week at £156 more than last year, so went from £750 to £906, so after a bit of haggling got it down to £790, so I am happy with that. Tax runs out so rather than the £950 last year (what a con :eek:) I will take six months going forward at £265.

All in all has worked out quite an expensive month November...but... look what I have to show for it.:D

£790 seems dear for your insurance, even a 25 year old can get it for £685. Do you have points?

£790 seems dear for your insurance, even a 25 year old can get it for £685. Do you have points?

No I dont have any points but I went with MB's own insurance and only took a £250 excess out on the policy. Don't know if that makes any difference for a 41 year old going on 16 :D

No I dont have any points but I went with MB's own insurance and only took a £250 excess out on the policy. Don't know if that makes any difference for a 41 year old going on 16 :D

I wonder what it would have been with a £400 excess. Lovely car btw.

Henry, the car is looking fantastic as I would expect from you ;-). I know you are loving it, just carrying enjoying! Wondering why you would take 12 months of tax versus 6. See you soon.
Kamal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom