My Car Has Been Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a possibility - I guess time will tell. We did have a grand plan to sell everything and move to Ant country where my sister already lives - I love up there and there's a lot of property for (relatively) small money.

It's strange how an unexpected event in life can change or shape your outlook.

I think if I were in your position the house itself would remind me of the incident. I'd say there's no time like the present if you were considering something. At least weigh up the options and see how you feel about it.

In Ant country you'd be moving close to family and one of the most pleasant members of this forum.

Must pick you up on describing our Ant as 'most pleasant', echoes of faint praise!

To me he is probably the most humanist, positive and supportive poster I have ever come across.

Wish there were more with his approach to life.

That's truly dreadful, but as long as you and yours are OK that's all that matters. Loads more cars where that one came from.

I guess a valet was in order after that:eek:

Yes it was truly horrifying incident. Although I knew my friends dad had a weapon, I never expected this outcome.

In my mind I expected for the car to be stolen and that's it. The reaction came out of nowhere.

My friend told me that apparently afterward this story made its way round the criminal world in South Africa and the thieves changed their tactics when they jacked cars directly as a result of this incident.

The new tactic was that the thieves would pat down the driver and other occupants of the car they were jacking, to ensure noone had a concealed weapon, before getting into the car themselves.

So car jackings in SA though, the thieves just shoot the driver without asking any questions and then make off with the car. So I guess we were very lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a possibility - I guess time will tell. We did have a grand plan to sell everything and move to Ant country where my sister already lives - I love up there and there's a lot of property for (relatively) small money.

And the Yadgar is only an hour up the road. Or two hours in a Skoda ;)

Glad to hear that the financial side of this horrible episode has been put to bed, John, but so sorry that it means you can't risk owning a car you love - at least for the time being.

Hope you and yours get over the emotional impact soon.

Just seen this John,bloody awful business hope you and yours are okay.

Scum normally leave the car for a day or so if they can't find the tracker...just to ensure it is enabled and if someone comes for it.

I'd be glad it was written off too, not sure I would want it back.

The main thing is you are here to talk about it - could have been very different.

I know it's only metal but it was your metal and it sucks that someone else has made the decision for you whether you should have it or not

We did have a grand plan to sell everything and move to Ant country

Right, I'm lost. What on earth is "Ant country"?

Only just seen this!

Sorry to hear about your episode John. I got followed home three times in the space of a month when I had my M3 CSL, same car.
I actually park away from my place, and I never let them see where I ended up, but it was enough for me to want rid of the car.

And we're in a sleepy market town in Norfolk too!

Glad to hear things have moved on John.

Still a shi**er of an event to happen but hopefully it's behind you all.

I can understand your choice to want rid until you move.

Best wishes!

How bout a cyanide gas cylinder under the seat that can be activated from your phone after the scrotes have gone a few hundred yards.

Well actually a famous case in Venezuela when I lived there.
The car to nick/boost at the time was a Buick Century and a local neighbour in the next apartment block to me had been held up and had three cars stolen in similar circumstances.
So and the ultimate theft deterrent I suppose was reported to be the placement of a litre bottle of the very best rum (Santa Teresa Anejo) in the glove compartment still in its presentation packaging .
Thing was that he has surreptitiously injected it with liquid cyanide and the three perpetrators were found dead in his car near the Mariposa reservoirs just outside Caracas.
It gained national attention because the bereaved families wanted the authorities to sue/charge him in court for murder!
Suffice to state the case melted away and wasn't pursued in the endless offices of the fiscalia de judicia !I always contemplate what would have been the reaction from the local "old bill" if it had occurred in the the UK or here (USA) for that matter !
And so ended the lesson for three miscreants .
Tuercas viejas

Always felt the opening scene of the original Robocop was a display of an effective future car security system.

John, I'm sorry to hear about this - I didn't know until I was told about it on Saturday night by Corned and Big Un.

Chin up and don't be dictated to by such 4rseholes. Crack on and live your life how you want to.

Best wishes to you and yours, John. :thumb:

Only just read this, sorry to here that John. You did the right thing and family comes first.

Glad to see things have moved on. Chin up and its actually quite nice up here if you decide to move. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom