My new - C32 Estate - Tanzanite Blue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Member marty359 used to have a C32 estate, I met him a couple of times down at Goodwood track days. Think it had a couple of mods and was pushing out 400+ BHP, whatever it was bloody fast. He also had a quad exhaust mod, not sure who made it but it sounded incredible - on full chat coming past the pits it sounded like a jet fighter taking off, on full reheat. Good noise. :)

Cheers,

Gaz

He also had a quad exhaust mod, not sure who made it but it sounded incredible

I’d love to get in contact with him! :)

Looking through some old photos and I found these of my C32 interior being stripped because the Bose amp had blown and there was no sound to the speakers:

What we found was that we couldn’t just change the head unit because the COMAND went all the way to the back of the car to the amp first, then to the speakers!

Oh how I loved that car :D

Lovely Abs, good luck with it.

I find PS4S are the best tyre out there for me at the moment. However the PS4 is 95% as good IMHO and a fair bit cheaper so worth looking at.

Dropped it off at the bodyshop to have both rear quarters and both front doors rust repaired and resprayed. :) Although only a few small bubbles are visible, I think it’s important to sort this out earlier rather than later.

Should be ready in a couple days. :)

This era of C class hasn't been something I'd paid attention to, but I absolutely love the car - I love wagons in general, but this colour is really cool. Wouldn't normally be a fan of these wheels (or black wheels in general), but the colour and the size modernises the car, I think. Can't wait to see where you take it!

Got the car back from the bodyshop on Thursday.

A perfect paint match and job as always. Very happy. It’s now rust free ;)

C4-A7-E82-A-C4-A1-48-CF-B44-E-F6-CE593-A4546.jpg

It’s going back on Friday for a few small pieces and then I’ll be 100% happy. :)

The first 203's had rust problems due to cheap steel and no galvanising, MB resumed galvanising them in 2003 then switched to nano paint as well in 2004, after that they're pretty good!

Looking good!
We do like a nice Merc estate in Tanzanite blue.! They look good come rain or shine....or both!

This is my 211 on CLS wheels from 2006. Oh! Was it really 14 years ago?:dk:
IMGP4468.jpeg

Had Falken FK510s fitted all round today - it’s unbelievable how much of a difference good tyres can make. The ride is much better as is the grip - no more traction control light :)

49-EB9362-5-E5-F-4585-901-D-3-B6056-C12-AEE.jpg

New tyres! Up to 5 secs a lap quicker....but on the road the car feels just a lot newer, quieter, more comfortable and (as you say) with loads more grip.
The guys in F1 don't just pop into the pits for a break, it is 'unbelievable' how much better new tyres can be.:D

Had Falken FK510s fitted all round today - it’s unbelievable how much of a difference good tyres can make. The ride is much better as is the grip - no more traction control light :)

49-EB9362-5-E5-F-4585-901-D-3-B6056-C12-AEE.jpg

I've been running my 212 on Falkens. Really like them.

Pleased to report the C32 flew through its MOT today and got some lovely compliments from the guys at the garage. :)

Is it on the way North yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom