My W124 Works experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, new to this forums, and now taking recommendations for servicing my new W124 E36 AMG estate.. so from my "new to this forum perspective" that a balanced set of posts about good and bad experiences will make for a balanced read & discussion. What I'd love to see is for the garages themselves be able to understand that in a supportive manner, posts in reply to explain the issues they face daily are welcome, nay imperative!

Anyone recommend E36 AMG servicing experts in/around Essex ?

thanks to all for such an excellent forum, I intend to contribute my fair share... I have a W123 estate restoration on the go!

Any pictures of the W123 restoration you could add to the gallery here?

wow

i had a similar issue last year and its hard when your not a mechanically minded bod trying to get a garage to admit and fix the issue

so what was the end result with the ASR issue did you need a new one and how much did it cost as £2k for a part is extreme

Any pictures of the W123 restoration you could add to the gallery here?

I will work out to do this and post pictures asap ! ... the story too, is long, involved, interesting - but pastable ! ;-)

Just dawned on me, we now have members with E36 saloons, coupes and now estate cars.

Would make for some great pics at meet ups.

Happy to attend my first GTG ! Just need a place / time / date and a loooong period of notice. Bah - 3 girls under 7 kinda keep me on my toes.

(I am in North Essex - J10 of M11.)

Just come across this thread after doing a search on google for water pump!

Reminds me of a friend of mine who had his engine completely destroyed by some guy on here called mercedes cozy (verdi)?

yeah, it the only reason anyone would gotto a dealer over an independant. The dealer has always held there hands up regarding issues and have always quoted a job to me and stuck with it.
My dealings with an independant in queensferry was that loads of damage was done breaking things and they never, ever held there hands up. They just charged and charged.
The thing is you know it was them. Car has been in to 3 different independants and no issues.
The independant helping me with my sl60 amg admitted damaging the steering box when they replaced 2 pipes that were corroded, and said they will sort it.
If it was MB motors in queensferry i put my life on it they would of said the 'steering box' is damaged needs replacing and kept quiet. Garanteed. Its how some independants operate unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom