New NTG2.5 Firmware

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done.

Sometimes if you have very old map, you need to install a certain European map DVD release. Dealers all got a set with each Star Diagnosis machine last year. I'll try and find out what version it was ...

Richard

Well done.

Sometimes if you have very old map, you need to install a certain European map DVD release. Dealers all got a set with each Star Diagnosis machine last year. I'll try and find out what version it was ...

Richard

Your help is very much appreciated
George

Hello Richard !

Could you please kindly advice me what is the best aftermarket backup camera for the ntg2.5 command unit? Alpine? Other?

I just installed the NTG2.5 on my W203 05.

Any tips or tricks I should known?

E-mail @ [email protected]

Thank You :bannana:

Hi everybody

As I said above I have a fully working set of NTG2,5 + TV Tuner + Rearview Camera.
However Map updating continuous to be a problem.
The story goes like this :
a) NTG2,5 unit was updated in an MB dealer to the latest telematics (01.2010).
b) Bought v3 Maps (A171 827 24 59) and tried to update - "Map can not be updated -Contact MB service" appeared. - So I sold the DVD set
c) I got the v4.1 (A219 827 19 59) tried to update - "Map can not be updated -Contact MB service" appeared. - So I sold the DVD set
d) Found the MB bulletin (see previous post) and the Dealer tried to update my unit with v1.1 dvd set (the internal MB set A171 827 21 59) - Same bloody message....

Now I am going to buy the v4.1 again hoping the DVD's are better shaped !!!!.... (a move under a lot of frustration) , although I do think the problem lies somewhere else. (even MB Hellas and my MB dealer can not figure out !!!!)

There is a bug in the new (and old) NTG2.5 firmware that causes the sathere is an SD card in the SD slot! Very odd behaviour tellite reception to come and go if but definately a fault. It has been reported to MB so we await a fix!

Alfie
That is quite true -
After I read your post, in the begining I could not believe it. Then I did try to drive with and without an SD card and to my surprise when there was an SD card in the SD slot the numbers of sats was going from 0 to 5 and back to 0 etc. When the SD Card was taken off the number of sats remained constant !!!!
So here is one more waiting for the fix !!!!

Hello !

Richard you're the MB Guru in here !!!

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Hello Richard !!!

Could you please kindly advice me what is the best aftermarket backup camera for the ntg2.5 command unit? Alpine? Other?

[email protected]

[email protected]

Any camera you like and it fits your car will do !!!!

My car was phone prewired (code 386) and the phone was still left in the optical ring.
I have taken it out of the ring , checked the fiber again , and allas the whole system works fine.
My regards to everybody
G.

Hi!

I have same problem. "TV Function not availible". Where is Phone control module I can take it out of ring. Or should I take it out by coding?

Hi!

I have same problem. "TV Function not availible". Where is Phone control module I can take it out of ring. Or should I take it out by coding?

The phone control module is under the panel at the rear of the boot. you are best off bypassing it with a fibre joiner.

The phone control module is under the panel at the rear of the boot. you are best off bypassing it with a fibre joiner.

Thanks again.

Anyone kniow part number for fiber jointer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom