Newbie here and need some advice on buying an e class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No. It is the number you can see looking at the bottom of the windscreen from outside - passenger side. Probably starts WDBxxxxxxxxx

Should also be in the service book

Ok will do :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is your datacard. I can't tell if you have 7g or 7g+. It is Option 427 and noted as 7 speed automatic transmission. Also says its a 722.908 transmission.

Ah nice work thanks for this. Will have a read now. Awesome stuff

Merry Christmas chaps. Thanks again for the help. Hope your all having a good day so far. Kids got me up at 4am lol.

Wow there is a lot of spec on my car that I didn’t know about. The dealer didn’t tell me it had active park assist.

Dumb question. What the heck is it?

Also more silly questions what are the following:

Collision warn sys w active brake?

Left hand traffic static led headlamp

Lol sorry if these seems like stupid questions.

Cheers!!

Active park assist the car will park itself either parallel or will reverse into a parking space in supermarket car park.

When your driving slow do you see a blue P sign in the speedometer? It will then point an arrow as you drive past a space if you stop and engage reverse it will say activate park assist you press ok and then follow the instructions basically you just select the gears and press the accelerator the car does the rest but you have to have faith lol. Parallel park works best the supermarket type bays are quite scary also if your trying to park on the right hand side you need to use the indicator otherwise it won’t prompt you when it sees a space.

Collision warning red triangle when your too close to a car also it knows how hard the brakes need to be applied if your going to hit something so as soon as you touch the brake peddle the car knows how hard to brake and does it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Active park assist the car will park itself either parallel or will reverse into a parking space in supermarket car park.

When your driving slow do you see a blue P sign in the speedometer? It will then point an arrow as you drive past a space if you stop and engage reverse it will say activate park assist you press ok and then follow the instructions basically you just select the gears and press the accelerator the car does the rest but you have to have faith lol. Parallel park works best the supermarket type bays are quite scary also if your trying to park on the right hand side you need to use the indicator otherwise it won’t prompt you when it sees a space.

Collision warning red triangle when your too close to a car also it knows how hard the brakes need to be applied if your going to hit something so as soon as you touch the brake peddle the car knows how hard to brake and does it.

Wow thanks for this. Pretty smart features. The dealer didn’t even tell me!!!

Probably didn’t know it did it to be honest!

Fair enough, I’m just getting to grips with the car. They had a few Mercs and this was the best one. Thanks again mate [emoji106][emoji817]

No problem now you just need to go find some parking spaces to practice in lol oh and it will drive out of spaces too if you’ve let it park itself when you start up and indicate to pull out it will ask if you want it to drive out.

No problem now you just need to go find some parking spaces to practice in lol oh and it will drive out of spaces too if you’ve let it park itself when you start up and indicate to pull out it will ask if you want it to drive out.

That is pretty sweet. Will teach the wife how to use it lolololol. Sorry!

Morning all. Been out for a ride today. Simply amazing drive.

Another dumb question. Does my spec come with a turbo?

It feels like it and the rear wheel drive is very smooth.

Very happy chappy!!

Nice car :)

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Soooo funny story, wife wanted me to drive her to shop on boxing day. I didn't tell her about self-parking. Let's just say she was baffled how it worked! I had a good laugh out of it and took the motor for a nice drive.

Loving my new Christmas present, just want to valet it now and give it an awesome wax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom