Next mod: W210 Blinking Mirrors onto a W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks, I would have both of them done if it wasnt for the rain :(

One thing I never expected is that the actual mirrors are far better and clearer than the square W202 ones.

im looking at buying a set at moment like yours i also have bought the center carbon trim and mirror switch set

any idea on cost of harness and were to get it
i have been looking for so long i have nearly given up on this option the little vid had stirred me to have another go

so am i right the auto dimmer on the mirrors is from the rear view mirror connections
and the indicators are from rear light

lets hope its dry tomorrow for the last run at it take a few pictures of the area and wires connected too and so on would be great

thank again this is a help-full post

Hi,
The loom to make your door mirror dim which runs from the door separation point to the overhead light unit is A 202 440 13 08, not sure of price IIRC it was about £20ish, but give Gurpz a PM as he has just bought the loom i believe
Horgantrevor which one of your cars are you intending to fit the 210 mirrors too? if you fit them to your 36 the mirror heaters will be on all the time, they would be ok on your 98 car.

its the 1998 c240 same car as killerhertz they are like carbon copys

its so funny ive been doing mine and i found killerhertz was doing the came great minds think alike

I wasnt a fan of keeping the side repeators, so instead I have cut down to size an aluminium metal, sprayed & lacquered it to cover the holes. From a couple of metres away you can hardly notice it:

IMG_2401.jpg

Not to sure Karl.

And i like Marmite !!

Another picture, as you can see not very noticeable at all:

repeator2.jpg

I wasnt keen on having 3 lights flashing on the front quarter of each side as it shouted aftermarker. I also tried a facelift W168 wing Avantgarde badge (which is used to cover the same hole) but it was too small...

Looking good there Karl I see a dimming mirror in that last pic :p

How did you get the rain sensor fitted in the end, result to a new winscreen ?

How did you get the rain sensor fitted in the end, result to a new winscreen ?

Fitted it just below the mesh, with doublesided trim tape. Looks the dangles...

... doesnt work though... (yet)

Fitted it just below the mesh, with doublesided trim tape. Looks the dangles...

... doesnt work though... (yet)

LOL you probably need to get the car on STAR to get the option selected then but Im not sure it would pick it up without that blue thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom