nokia cark kit installation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

i have fitted my nokia cark kit ok and its working fine, muting the radio etc.

however there are a couple of wires (green, blue etc) that the manual says "leave these disconnected", and only instructs to connect live, earth and telephone mute wires.

i was wondering if anyone knows what these extra wires are for. i would really like to wire up a button to answer a call and end a call externally and thats one of the functions that i suppose maybe these wires could be for?

that way i could put my phone cradle inside the centre armrest OEM style instead of on the front of the dash.

SilverSaloon said:
hi

however there are a couple of wires (green, blue etc) that the manual says "leave these disconnected", and only instructs to connect live, earth and telephone mute wires.

i was wondering if anyone knows what these extra wires are for. i would really like to wire up a button to answer a call and end a call externally and thats one of the functions that i suppose maybe these wires could be for?

that way i could put my phone cradle inside the centre armrest OEM style instead of on the front of the dash.

Ive got the wiring diagram at home , but from memory one of them is for the electric aerial and one of them is for ignition sense.

fuzzer said:
Ive got the wiring diagram at home , but from memory one of them is for the electric aerial and one of them is for ignition sense.

ah i see... ok, never mind. Looks like i'll leave it in the dash console as it is then :(

Wonder if you can help, have a Nokia 6310 and a Cark 91 handsfree kit.

Problem is that it has stopped charging the phone and while people can hear me talking I cant hear them on the speaker.

Had a quick look at the wiring and everything seems OK, but without stripping out some of the dash did not go further. Is there anything obvious to check first,

Cheers,

Try cleaning the contacts on the phone/charger with the end of a pencil rubber. That should fix the charging issue.

As for the problem with hearing, has the connector fallen out of the contoller module, I had that problem on my Nokia kit fitted in a land cruiser.

Silver Saloon

Oh yes, ignition sense wires, will turn the phone off when you turn the ignition off, prevents current draw if someone rings your phone whilst car alarm is on. That's what I was told anyways.

Craig

Thanks craigyb, will try that. Where is the controler module usually located. The wires on mine just disapear up into the dash, supose it will be in there then?

Follow those wires from the cradle, The mic is on a small 2.5 mm adaptor and the speaker is on a 3.5mm adaptor from memory, they can easily drop out, I just taped mine up with insulation tape and it never happened again.

Craig

SilverSaloon said:
hi

Which kit is it mate?? I am interested in the Nokia but will probably go for the Bluetooth version with the answer button CK-7W.

Nokia CK-7W Car Kit

Brian

A word of warning, I've heard that the Bluetooth Nokias are very fussy about pairing with non nokia phones. I would go with a Parrot or SonyEriccson for better compatibility with other brands of phones. Just in case another non nokia phone catches your attention.

Craig

craigyb said:
Brian

A word of warning, I've heard that the Bluetooth Nokias are very fussy about pairing with non nokia phones. I would go with a Parrot or SonyEriccson for better compatibility with other brands of phones. Just in case another non nokia phone catches your attention.

Craig

Thanks for that Craig. At the moment I have just upgraded to the Nokia 6260 so should be ok for a while, although in the past I have had Motorola's.

i wired the kit up to the ignition wire anyway so it switches off with the ignition without using the ignition wire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom