Odometer Display W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Single650

Car
W202 C200
This is an agravating problem that is probably a right B***** to fix.

The second (Tens) digit on the ododmeter loses on occasion three of the LCD segments. This is intermittent but more often they are missing.

Is this a common problem?

Does anyone know of an easy (or difficult) fix

Thanks

Nigel

Bizzarely this fault seems to have gone away now the brake pad warning has stopped flashing (new pads).

Does anyone know of a good wiring diagram that shows the full systems. I have Haynes but its not very detailed.

Bizzarely this fault seems to have gone away now the brake pad warning has stopped flashing (new pads).

Does anyone know of a good wiring diagram that shows the full systems. I have Haynes but its not very detailed.

WIS would have the wiring between components but isn't this an issue at the cluster?

I've seen posts even how to fix this issue, not sure if it was for a W202 but would likely apply in any case. Search should help. Must be the membrane connection between the LCD display and the circuit board, or something similar.

Can you clarify, you have changed pads and the warning light didn't go away? Or is it the issue of the warning light not coming up briefly initially when ignition is switched on?

Packing out the ribbon cables solves all of the cluster faults.

On the brake pads you will have the single wire system that runs in the open circuit mode, that is the lamp will only come on when the plastic on the sensor pin wear through

WIS would have the wiring between components but isn't this an issue at the cluster?

I've seen posts even how to fix this issue, not sure if it was for a W202 but would likely apply in any case. Search should help. Must be the membrane connection between the LCD display and the circuit board, or something similar.

Thats what I'm thinking current must by leaking away somewhere in the cluster, probably through the pad indicator somehow :confused: . The haynes book is next best to useless in trying to fault find electrical problems.

This may seem dumb but what do you mean?

I don't think the issue is with the pads but with the indicator in the cluster.

Your instrument cluster uses ribbon cables as interconnects it is where they join the connectors that gives the problems and they need packing out with wedges

This has nothing to do with the brake wear lamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom