OEM Mercedes Parking sensor retrofit for a E Class W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are some options out there that are very similar in appearance and function to the original Mercedes Parktronic, "third eye" springs to mind, same internal display in the roof cloth, only visible external difference is that the sensors on the bumper have a ring around them while the OE ones are recessed.

There are some options out there that are very similar in appearance and function to the original Mercedes Parktronic, "third eye" springs to mind, same internal display in the roof cloth, only visible external difference is that the sensors on the bumper have a ring around them while the OE ones are recessed.

Some parking sensors come with a counter bore bit and recessed sensors, I have a spare set somewhere

Psssst,
Look on page one, post seven and click the word 'folks' :D click

Regards
cheeky John

DOh!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Too subtle for me John.... no you're right, just not observant enough :cool: :D

Last edited:
Is this an example, or do you have them in stock?

I've got W211 and W220 in stock, but you can get them at any MB parts dept.

2 things to be aware of, you need to paint the sensors, and with the 211 kits you need to order the interior unit in addition as they are colour matched to whatever colour your interior is.

Plenty of MB dealers just fit the unversal chinese kits (which do come prepainted)....

2 things to be aware of, you need to paint the sensors, and with the 211 kits you need to order the interior unit in addition as they are colour matched to whatever colour your interior is.

Plenty of MB dealers just fit the unversal chinese kits (which do come prepainted)....

If you had the 203 kit, is your price significantly lower than dealer? and do you supply a chinese kit that you would reckon as looking the part?

If you had the 203 kit, is your price significantly lower than dealer?

50% off list.

But I don't have any 203 kits at the moment.

and do you supply a chinese kit that you would reckon as looking the part?

The chinese kits just have a bleeper (at least the kits I have) rather than the led units and the bleeper.

To do this with factory parts throughout is a big and expensive job. Reckon on about £1500 - £2000:eek: We dont offer it.

I know you don't, but you will be fitting my Command and bluetooth adaptor next friday in St Albans, so all going well I won't hold it against you! :)

I know you don't, but you will be fitting my Command and bluetooth adaptor next friday in St Albans, so all going well I won't hold it against you! :)

We will indeed. See you then.

BTW welcome to the BEST Mercedes forum around bar none.

We will indeed. See you then.

BTW welcome to the BEST Mercedes forum around bar none.

Thanks!. Yes, it seems a good place. I'll be sure to post pics and a testimonial of your services once we've done the installation!

BTW Did you have any joy in finding pictures of retrofit to the same model as mine? Also is it true I will be able to play mp3s and DVDs using Command?

Hi guys,

Anyone know of a reputable outfit who can source and install parking sensors or parktronic for my E class? I'd prefer original MB stuff but, but if you can't tell the difference I won't complain!

Personal opinion here, but with the star on the front I never feel the need for parking sensors, makes judging the front easy. The rear is a bit more of a challenge but you get used to it quickly.

Anyway, you can respray the bumper a few times for the price of an installed MB parktronic kit. I believe you can get a cut-down rear only kit for the W211 called something like Easyparc.

Fred - Despite what they may have told you, MB Watford would NOT have fitted a genuine MB system for that money. I bought my car from them and paid for what I thought was going to be an MB system, only it turned out to be a junk aftermarket system that I could have fitted myself for £50!

Fred - Despite what they may have told you, MB Watford would NOT have fitted a genuine MB system for that money. I bought my car from them and paid for what I thought was going to be an MB system, only it turned out to be a junk aftermarket system that I could have fitted myself for £50!

Is the correct answer. I called them last week about this and they gave me the number of some aftermarket service provider.

What are you charging for rear sensor and display Nick for a W211? I don't mind chinese!

Do you offer a fitting service or instructions on how this might be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom