OEM Mercedes Parking sensor retrofit for a E Class W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you offer a fitting service or instructions on how this might be done?

The genuine kits don't come with instuctions, but the non genuine ones do.

I just sell parts, I don't fit them, sorry.

Hi Nick

Would you mind claifying the costs please. What does £40 cover?

Thanks

One of these kits in it's box:

http://www.sccmarketing.com/boxed.php

They came out of a large MB dealer, so I suppose this is what they fit or fitted to cars with no rear sensors if genunine kits aren't to be used?

Some have silver sensors, some have black sensors.

That's about all I know.

Fred - Despite what they may have told you, MB Watford would NOT have fitted a genuine MB system for that money. I bought my car from them and paid for what I thought was going to be an MB system, only it turned out to be a junk aftermarket system that I could have fitted myself for £50!

Glad to hear that, if they had tried to have palm me off with a load of junk there may have been a little friction.

Fred - Despite what they may have told you, MB Watford would NOT have fitted a genuine MB system for that money. I bought my car from them and paid for what I thought was going to be an MB system, only it turned out to be a junk aftermarket system that I could have fitted myself for £50!

Just goes to show, we are told that things are different North of Watford, and this comes up, and MB are no where near North Watford

Hi guys,

Anyone know of a reputable outfit who can source and install parking sensors or parktronic for my E class? I'd prefer original MB stuff but, but if you can't tell the difference I won't complain!

I know a chap who retrofits COMAND and ICE , and PARKING SENSORS for most MB dealers in the South East.
He supplied me with an adapter and instructions to retrofit my COMAND (it works fine :bannana: )
He will install parking sensors for you, and these are the ones he recommends http://www.steel-mate.co.uk/acatalog/Rear_Parking_Sensors.html#a15

Probably the best quality you will find, with various ranges/prices. You could install these yourself .

PM me if you want his number :)

Last edited:
I would loveto see pictures of the finished item installed in all its glory.

Regards
John

I have several pictures of a factory parktronic system I installed on a few E class cars on mbworld. Dash removal is required along with a careful hand to cut it.

Thanks!. Yes, it seems a good place. I'll be sure to post pics and a testimonial of your services once we've done the installation!

BTW Did you have any joy in finding pictures of retrofit to the same model as mine? Also is it true I will be able to play mp3s and DVDs using Command?

Thanks. I sent the pictures separately.

Yes the Comand will play MP3's and DVD movies:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom