Part No. Wanted - C36 AMG Fog Light Bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemc2008

Car
BMW e39 540i 4.4 V8
Hey

Can someone with access to part no.s please find me the part no.s for W202 C36 AMG Fog Light Brackets.. hold the Fogs into the front bumper.

Also.. if possible, microfiche cut out showing what the items look like.

Many Thanks.. - Admin, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Lee

Have a look HERE

Does it have a seperate bracket? the C43 doesnt - the light is its own bracket.

Hey

Can someone with access to part no.s please find me the part no.s for W202 C36 AMG Fog Light Brackets.. hold the Fogs into the front bumper.

Also.. if possible, microfiche cut out showing what the items look like.

Many Thanks.. - Admin, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Lee

Don't they screw straight into the bumper with self tappers?

The brackets are part of the fog, see a picture of one:

http://cart.euromercmercedesparts.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=965&parent=0

i thought the brackets came as part of the fog light, i think you might have trouble getting it seperately!

Perfect thanks.. I can see how they go now. My fogs didnt have any brackets.. I had no intention of buying them.. I just wanted to know what they looked like so I could fabricate my own. :)

Thanks for the replies

Cheers

Lee

Does anyone know if these C36 Amg foglights are inter-changable with W124 Gen 2 AMG foglights?

Cheers Dee

Aren't they the same as 140 AMG fogs?

Are you refering to the C36 AMG ones or the W124 AMG ones?...
They all do look similar thats for sure, would have made sense with keeping costs down if certain parts were the same.........

Does anyone know if these C36 Amg foglights are inter-changable with W124 Gen 2 AMG foglights?

Cheers Dee
You need to check the part numbers...

Some C36's were fitted with additional high beam driving lights on the AMG front bumper while later C36's were fitted with additional fog lights instead. The lights look identical but the part numbers, and obviously their function, are different.

The part nos for the C36 are:
167 WA2028200556 HIGH BEAM HEADLAMP LEFT AMG.
167 WA2028200656 HIGH BEAM HEADLAMP RIGHT AMG.
170 WA2028200156 FOGLAMP LEFT AMG.
170 WA2028200256 FOGLAMP RIGHT AMG.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=717.441&CT=F&cat=44V&SID=82&SGR=180&SGN=09

Last edited:
ive had both in the past 124 and 202 ones, the brackets are slightly different, but can be adjusted to fit.

just to add the lens looks slightly different to, but no reason why as they both seem to have the same light pattern

I have finally got hold of an Gen 2 Amg bodykit for my W124 cab, the fogs that were attached to the front spoiler have the following HWA numbers....
HWA 140 820 01 56 for LHS,
HWA 140 820 02 56 for RHS

I assume that these are W140 items & therefore the same as the W124 ones....??

W202 lights are fogs, and w124/w140 ones are driving lights. Driving lights have a different beam and will come on with full beam. The brackets and mounting locations are different.

Dee, how much did you get the kit for? Ive got a spare one, just wondering what I should be asking for it?

Dee, how much did you get the kit for? Ive got a spare one, just wondering what I should be asking for it?

It is difficult to say for sure how much they are worth, i paid 500 quid for mine, the guy did not really want to sell, he's a breaker & i rang him on the off chance after I saw his company ad in the back of Mercedes Enthusiast, he said he had a kit, & that it was on one of his personal cars, but didnt know what to do with it.... needless to say i badgered & badgered him, & 2 days before xmas day he rang & said i can have it for 500 quid!..... (must have needed the money for xmas!).... The thing is, I was about to part with 1200 quid for a Gen 2 kit about a month ago, i couldnt justify spending that kind of moolah on a kit, but I have been told that that kit has been sold since for close to the asking price...

So I reckon if its Gen 2 & has all the fogs, a grand should be a good starting point, I know how rare the Gen2's are, I was after one for over 2 years...

Are you fitting fogs to the standard facelift bumper mate?

I'm looking to do this as soon as I can find a set of the lights. If you could take a few pics of the mod it'd be great!

Still undecided whether to rig them up as driving lights or fog lights tho... :)

It is difficult to say for sure how much they are worth, i paid 500 quid for mine, the guy did not really want to sell, he's a breaker & i rang him on the off chance after I saw his company ad in the back of Mercedes Enthusiast, he said he had a kit, & that it was on one of his personal cars, but didnt know what to do with it.... needless to say i badgered & badgered him, & 2 days before xmas day he rang & said i can have it for 500 quid!..... (must have needed the money for xmas!).... The thing is, I was about to part with 1200 quid for a Gen 2 kit about a month ago, i couldnt justify spending that kind of moolah on a kit, but I have been told that that kit has been sold since for close to the asking price...

So I reckon if its Gen 2 & has all the fogs, a grand should be a good starting point, I know how rare the Gen2's are, I was after one for over 2 years...

£500 is a steal! The front bumper on its own with fogs, sells for around 900 euros on ebay.de
The kit you were going to by wasnt from Jas was it?

£500 is a steal! The front bumper on its own with fogs, sells for around 900 euros on ebay.de
The kit you were going to by wasnt from Jas was it?

No it was some Eastern European fella, the kit I got has one jacking point cover missing, & the fogs are missing the wiring or plugs that go into the unit, I have the lights as they are with holes, any ideas where I can get the bits i need from?...

Also I will need the correct AMG badge for the boot & front spoiler, do these have a part number or something, as the later & earlier ones will be wrong?

Cheers Dee

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom