Pathetic Parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 65149

I'm sure this has been discussed/fumed over many times before. Of course I'm not talking about 'parking' so much as 'abandonment'.

This morning's journey to the supermarket for my weekly shop took longer than usual because of inconsiderate parking. Cars parked too closely on opposite sides of a not very wide road meant that a lorry was struggling to get through. Even with my help to guide him past the cars on one side with mm to spare, it took a while. But not to worry, because the last driver to park there will have saved a couple of seconds of walking time by not thinking about anyone else!

When I eventually arrived at the supermarket I parked, as usual, well away from the throngs near the entrance in an attempt to minimise door dings. Also as usual, I parked at the far end of a row so that I could keep the nearside close to the edge, leaving plenty space on the driver's side just in case an insecure driver still felt the need to go into the adjacent space instead of one of the dozens of others nearby that were free. When I came back with my trolley full of shopping all those empty spaces were still there, except for the Fiat 500 parked right next to me - straddling the white line!! :mad: There was enough room between the Fiat's offside and the right parking space line to fit in another one. Thankfully I'm not grossly overweight and managed to squeeze in. But why oh why can't people judge where they're parking?

Another incident was a couple of weeks ago when I dropped my wife off at Gatwick when she went to visit her parents for a few days. I knew it was futile to look for a parking space well away from everyone else, so I just went into the first one I saw. It happened to be fairly close to the pedestrian exit to the terminal. When I returned a little later a car was parked half across the back of my car whilst a guy was loading cases. An empty parking space was opposite. When he saw me open my car he said he wouldn't be long. I suggested (nicely - honest) that he only had to move his car forward a little and I could get out. He merely shouted back at me that he wouldn't be long. I settled into my car and waited, but saw in my mirrors that he wasn't making any effort to load the remaining cases any faster. So I started the engine and blipped the throttle a couple of times to give him the benefit of the glorious sound of 3.5 litres of V6 from two exhausts. No help of course! He eventually finished fiddling with the cases before slowly removing his coat and carefully folding it before placing it in with the bags and closing the boot. Then a snail overtook him as he sauntered towards the driver's door and slowly lowered himself into his seat. After fiddling with I've no idea what he pulled on his seatbelt then started up and eventually drove off. :wallbash:

And this is what they're like BEFORE they get behind the wheel! :eek:

Been there, got the t-shirt, seen the film. :D

The only consolation is hoping that it's true that what comes around, goes around to the power of 10, with these people.

I have on a few occasions, in similar circumstances, been unable to stop myself being a little sarcastic to them. I know it doesn't help the situation, but maybe next time they'll think twice. :dk:

"But why oh why can't people judge where they're parking?"
Because do as they please, without thought, consideration or fear of consequence. And then scream blue murder when anyone dares point out their failures.

Were you parked nose in at the airport? As you were stuck there for a time, perhaps you could have used the opportunity to warm up your engine. You would need to remember to turn your air recirculation on first because you wouldn't want you or your car smelling of fumes, would you?:D

I never normally take my car to supermarkets, but was out with my wife last weekend and we passed an Asda and she wanted to call in.

It wasn't that busy and the cars were of course all clustered around the entrance. Much to my wife's bemusement I parked a couple of clear rows away but probably no further in walking distance than if I'd parked at the end of one of the occupied rows.

Even she laughed when we came back and a heap of car had parked right next to us!

All people who park at the petrol pump then go for a leisurely shop in garage shops should be terminated. Next should be people who return to their cars at the pump, look at the queue behind them then start texting, fiddling getting their sweets out. AaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Oh and gigantic woman in opaque stretched leggings with orange peel thighs and massive front bottoms. Shoot em.

Sent from my iPhoney Wonie using MBClub UK

All people who park at the petrol pump then go for a leisurely shop in garage shops should be terminated. Next should be people who return to their cars at the pump, look at the queue behind them then start texting, fiddling getting their sweets out. AaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh.

Oh and gigantic woman in opaque stretched leggings with orange peel thighs and massive front bottoms. Shoot em.

Sent from my iPhoney Wonie using MBClub UK
Couldn't agree more!!! Some people are just so selfish!! Same as those pedestrian crossing the road,(not talking about zebra crossing) they couldn't give a sh t about the on coming traffic, walking across the road at their own leisurely pace as though they owned the road, and every driver has to slow down for these selfish barstewards

The leisurely stroll across the road comment reminded me of my third grrrr moment this morning. Whilst in the queue at the checkout, the couple at the front decided just as the last item went through that they wanted something else. The guy walked back down one of the aisles whilst the three of us behind waited ... and waited ... and waited. I eventually spotted him strolling casually back down the aisle carrying a box of chocolates, stopping now and then to look at various dairy products and clearly not in any sort of hurry. When he finally got back to his wife she mentioned alternatives; I think the looks they received from the rest of the queue helped them decide they had the right one.

Couldn't agree more!!! Some people are just so selfish!! Same as those pedestrian crossing the road,(not talking about zebra crossing) they couldn't give a sh t about the on coming traffic, walking across the road at their own leisurely pace as though they owned the road, and every driver has to slow down for these selfish barstewards

Yes but hot babes can cross in front of me all day long if they like. :D

This reminds me of an hilarious situation i witnessed in tesco.

Cars were parked as usual and a complete idiot in a smart car parked it infront of two cars, now a smart car isnt that wide so cars could still pass by.

When the owner of an x5 came out he was visibly furious, he called his friends, 5mins later another car pulled up and they literally lifted the front end and rotated it enough to get the x5 out. However they kindly moved it back to avoid blocking other shoppers.

Was hilarious to witness, only after did i think that i should of recorded it!

Knighterrant...do what my 'friend' did when some clown parked next to 'him' in a deserted backwater of the local supermarket and 'his' merc was parked up tight on the NS by the trolley park with a good 1ft maybe 1.5ft ft from the parking bays white line on the drivers side, nearest car was another merc on the same back row also parked up tight against the last trolley park with 5 or 6 empty spaces between us (errm I mean them) both obviously avoiding the brain dead and the malicious door denters. Anyway my 'friend' went shopping for all of ten minutes and came back to find an ancient eurobox had parked within inches of him at a crazy angle and a nice dent in 'his' door...in an empty carpark (the two rows in front was empty and the row in front of that was nearly empty).
Needless to say my 'friend' saw red and seeing as no note had been left about the dent in his door from the cretin who had parked next to him and dented his door (complete with his paint on the door edge) proceeded to smash seven shades of sh.t out of their door, leaving the halfwit/jealous/pillock owner of the trashy eurobox in desperate need of a new door........maybe the prat will think twice next time as this time its costing him money...oh and he also needs a new tailgate.....according to my 'friend' with skin missing from his knuckles from pounding sheet metal accidentally.....

Is there a market for lookalike iron spikes that could be stck to ones car, maybe made of foam or rubber with a suction pad? Stick some of those on and i bet that others wont park too close.....

Guydewdney, man up, stick on spikes? Do unto others etc etc..its in the Bible

I have an off roader Hilux. Every panel is rippled or dented. NOBODY parks next to me in a carpark :bannana:

I have an off roader Hilux. Every panel is rippled or dented. NOBODY parks next to me in a carpark :bannana:

No one ever parked tight up to me before i bought the merc, since I've had it every f.wit , grudge bearer, and retard has tried to park as close as possible, put dents in the doors and generally make life awkward even when the CLK is worth far less than the previous car.........go figure?

Guydewdney, man up, stick on spikes? Do unto others etc etc..its in the Bible

Rubber. Foam. Read the post. And dont bring works of fiction into this, its a car forum. Or else i will quote eye for an eye, and we can get very bored very quickly. The idea was a visual deterrent.

I don't think its just a car thing though. In various gyms I have used I have noticed that if I put my bag down on on a bench and go for a shower ,when I come back there will be another bag or person next to me, even though the changing room might be empty. Indoor footballers seem to be the worst, they have to squeeze as many people as possible onto a bench.

In various gyms I have used I have noticed that if I put my bag down on on a bench and go for a shower ,when I come back there will be another bag or person next to me, even though the changing room might be empty

It simply means : you've pulled ;)

Lol

I don't think its just a car thing though. In various gyms I have used I have noticed that if I put my bag down on on a bench and go for a shower ,when I come back there will be another bag or person next to me

Isn't that called grooming? ;)

I'm getting worried now :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom