• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

Don't say that! 🤣.....I convinced myself last night that I will keep it 😂
You are 100% right that I enjoy bringing them back up to spec and after that I do tend to get bored. I might make some changes to the S65 and part of me wants to build something unique but that idea might seem as I would ruin what's already a rare car........ I was thinking a green S65 in this colour combo 🤔.
It's just a thought at the moment.

Thank you! :)

Will you paint or wrap?

Mercedes emerald green would look great 👍🏼

Will you paint or wrap?

Mercedes emerald green would look great 👍🏼

If I do go ahead with it, I think paint this time. I've had a car wrapped once before and it was done by Yiannimize which are one of the best but I don't think a wrap can be as good as proper paint job.

I do like emerald green also

A bit of un update on the S65.

I really like the original 20’s that the car came with but imo 21’s fill the arches better on the S class W221.

I love the AMG wheels that you get in the ML63AMG and GL63AMG.
I wanted a set from the moment I bought the car but they are so hard to find!

I found a set on eBay for £1800 but they were black and to get them redone in the oem finish plus fit new tyres, the price quickly becomes silly.

One day I checked on eBay and I saw a set that had just been put up for sale. I bought them straight away.

I ordered new tyres and I went for oem size that’s recommended for the w221 which is 245/35/21 fronts and 285/30/21 rears.

I raised the car a bit as it was too low when I was running the 20’s.

Ever since I had this wheels on my old S600, they’ve been my fav wheel for the S class.
Saying that I do love the wheels that I have fitted to the S63 also :D

I also changed all the door chrome trims that I had in the boot for over a year and that’s about it.

I do have an update for the S63 as well, nothing big but I was excited to be able to get what I did for that car.

I also will post a thread on something else that’s Mercedes related but that’s all I can say for now 😁

Last edited:
A bit of un update on the S65.

I really like the original 20’s that the car came with but imo 21’s fill the arches better on the S class W221.

I love the AMG wheels that you get in the ML63AMG and GL63AMG.
I wanted a set from the moment I bought the car but they are so hard to find!

I found a set on eBay for £1800 but they were black and to get them redone in the oem finish plus fit new tyres, the price quickly becomes silly.

One day I checked on eBay and I saw a set that had just been put up for sale. I bought them straight away.

I ordered new tyres and I went for oem size that’s recommended for the w221 which is 245/35/21 fronts and 285/30/21 rears.

I raised the car a bit as it was too low when I was running the 20’s.

Ever since I had this wheels on my old S600, they’ve been my fav wheel for the S class.
Saying that I do love the wheels that I have fitted to the S63 also :D

I also changed all the door chrome trims that I had in the boot for over a year and that’s about it.

I do have an update for the S63 as well, nothing big but I was excited to be able to get what I did for that car.

I also will post a thread on something else that’s Mercedes related but that’s all I can say for now 😁
Looks, Fantastic!! Sam. 😎🙂👍

Looks, Fantastic!! Sam. 😎🙂👍

Thank you! 🙏🏻

Lovely car and wheels 👌🏼

Thank you! 🙏🏻

Looking great!!!
Do you need to run spacers with GL wheel set up?

Thank you! 🙏🏻
Yes you do need to run spacers. When I first done research, I read that it said, you need a minimum of 8mm at the front but I’m running 12mm at the front and 15mm rears at the moment but I will order some 12mm for the rears as well because all four wheels are 10j and I think it’s best to run the same size spacers all around so the wheels stick out the same. You can’t really tell that the rears are 3mm further out compare to the fronts but “l” know they are and my OCD won’t allow that 😄

I might try 10mm also but I wouldn’t get 8mm ones as the spacers must be hubcentric and you can’t get 8mm hubcentric spacers from anywhere.

A short video of the car I took yesterday

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A short video of the car I took yesterday

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice little video, Sam. Car looks fantastic, just right! Great plate too. Is that the entrance to your country pile. 😉🙂👍

Nice little video, Sam. Car looks fantastic, just right! Great plate too. Is that the entrance to your country pile. 😉🙂👍

Talking about plates, I got another plate that will be revealed soon but it's not for this car :D

Haha 😄, I wish that was my place! I was at Mercedes in Beaconsfield and I stopped to take some pic's of the car as I had just fitted the wheels and wanted to take pic's before I got any brake dust on the wheels 😆

Looks fantastic 👌
The stance is perfect on those 21's.

Thank you! 🙏

Talking about plates, I got another plate that will be revealed soon but it's not for this car :D

Haha 😄, I wish that was my place! I was at Mercedes in Beaconsfield and I stopped to take some pic's of the car as I had just fitted the wheels and wanted to take pic's before I got any brake dust on the wheels 😆

Thank you! 🙏
I’ve just seen OCD1 on a mini, buddy . Now that’s a proper number plate :cool:

I’ve just seen OCD1 on a mini, buddy . Now that’s a proper number plate :cool:

I'd love to have that plate but after seeing the price, I'd have to sell all my cars and put money on top just to be able to buy it 😆

Actually its for sale.....yours for just under £135,000!.....bargain!!

😲

That is a bargain indeed 😆

Another update for the S65.

When I bought the 21’s for the car, they were second hand and they had some imperfections. I told myself, I will leave them as they are because you could notice the imperfections only from up close and I thought I could tolerate that.

Well, it only lasted one month and I couldn’t look at the wheels in the state they were in so I sent them off to get refurbished.

Before

After

Excuses the rubbish pics and background but I’ll take some better pics soon.

The S63 got in the way too. It was feeling left out so I gave the S63 a wash

On the way to the garage to fit the refurbished wheels, I must of hit a rock or something on the motorway because when one of the guys was changing the wheels, he asked what I had hit at the front :oops:

I look at the front of the car and I notice, the front plate was cracked and a small piece of number 1 was missing.
I could only imagine the damage that stone/rock would have done had it gone through the upper grill or the lower grill in the bumper

The Lords way of punishing illegal plates!😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom