• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Pic's of my new car.... S65AMG V12 Twin Turbo W221

I'm exactly the same. Sometimes it's just the process of changing cars that gives me satisfaction and then...I regret it lol. Hence why I am staying put this time :D

I think you’re right. When I sold my S600, I regretted making that decision straight away! I said I need another S class but it must be an S65…… I get an S65 and a year later I’m bored :doh:
I took the car out yesterday and I thought, no no I shouldn’t sell this, it still puts a smile on my face.
I took some friends for a drive and seeing their reaction when I put my foot down, it reminded me why I bought a V12 😁

We went to the cinema recently and for those that know the area, it was in Park Royal. There is a massive car park there but me being me, I get paranoid where to park the car.
I found a place in a corner and as far away as possible from other cars.
I thought no one will park here. As I was about to walk away, a Mercedes Sprinter comes and parks next to me and at one point, I thought he was going to hit the car.
I knew I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate watching the movie so I thought I’d go and ask the guys at Shell petrol station if they’d let me park in one of their car spaces that was only for one car. I think the guy realised straight away that I was one of those people that worry about the cars and he said, “ I’ll tell you what, I will block one lane for you and put some cones. You can park your car, go and enjoy the movie”
I didn’t expect him to be that understanding 😂

There are some good people out there 😊

We went to the cinema recently and for those that know the area, it was in Park Royal. There is a massive car park there but me being me, I get paranoid where to park the car.
I thought no one will park here. As I was about to walk away, a Mercedes Sprinter comes and parks next to me and at one point, I thought he was going to hit the car.
I knew I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate watching the movie so I thought I’d go and ask the guys at Shell petrol station if they’d let me park in one of their car spaces that was only for one car. I think the guy realised straight away that I was one of those people that worry about the cars and he said, “ I’ll tell you what, I will block one lane for you and put some cones. You can park your car, go and enjoy the movie”

Brilliant! Exactly what I would have done. 🙂👍Sprinter van driver a bit of a pillock. :doh::dk:

Wow, that's crazy in all honesty! To have someone this understanding and blocking the whole lane for you. I am exactly the same as you are when it comes to parking. Cannot relax unless the inner idiot in me is satisfied that I have parked as far away as possible.

We also might get bored because these cars do everything so well, there is no compromise to an extent. Main thing, like you said, is not to lose sight of why you bought it in the first place! It's that v12 and how it starts. Maybe do a straight pipe so you are driving a Formula 1 car and everyone will hear you from a mile away :D

Yesterday I found an M3 V8 for my friend and he bought the car. After driving it, it made me want another V8 M3. Performance of the M3 is not even close to the S65AMG but I've had M3's for 15+ years and it's like they are part of my life :rolleyes:
If anyone is genuinely interested in buying an S65AMG, send me a pm. I think I'm ready to let this car go.
I have spent about £10k on this car and it had at least £5k - £6k spent on it just before I bought it [ all invoices present ] I've bought everything from Mercedes dealer.
I'm not saying this because this is my car but I don't think there's many S65AMG's out there in the same condition.
I have a friend that wants to buy it but I will have to wait until he sells his CL63AMG. I've discussed it with him that if someone comes before he sells his CL, I will let the car go

Maybe its just me.....but I don't see this sentence encouraging anyone to buy one!!!!;)

Honesty is the best policy :)
It's not as if the car was damaged or anything like that. Just making sure everything was perfect and anyone can see where the money was spent as I've documented all the work here.
If it was an S320 Cdi, all the work I've done would have maybe added up to £3k but I don't want anyone thinking this is a cheap car to maintain properly.
The money that the previous owner spent was on things like, both coil packs, amplifier, one rear shock absorber, new brakes, new tyres and wheel refurb. Not a lot of things but they just add up

Yesterday I found an M3 V8 for my friend and he bought the car. After driving it, it made me want another V8 M3. Performance of the M3 is not even close to the S65AMG but I've had M3's for 15+ years and it's like they are part of my life :rolleyes:
If anyone is genuinely interested in buying an S65AMG, send me a pm. I think I'm ready to let this car go.
I have spent about £10k on this car and it had at least £5k - £6k spent on it just before I bought it [ all invoices present ] I've bought everything from Mercedes dealer.
I'm not saying this because this is my car but I don't think there's many S65AMG's out there in the same condition.
I have a friend that wants to buy it but I will have to wait until he sells his CL63AMG. I've discussed it with him that if someone comes before he sells his CL, I will let the car go
How much are you expecting to get for it? It's a beauty!

How much are you expecting to get for it? It's a beauty!

Thank you!
When I open the garage door, look at it and start it up I think I will never sell this car. Maybe by tomorrow I'll change my mind again 🤣 but I'm thinking an M3 and I also have the S63, it wouldn't be a bad 2 car garage :)
As for the price, I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to expect or ask for it 😬. There were two S65AMG's for sale currently, a prefacelift for £28k that's gone now. It had less miles than mine but a very poor spec and there's a facelift S65AMG for £35k. I'm not expecting anywhere near that but if anyone has a suggestion on what I can ask for it, please let me know :)

There were two S65AMG's for sale currently, a prefacelift for £28k that's gone now. It had less miles than mine but a very poor spec and there's a facelift S65AMG for £35k. I'm not expecting anywhere near that but if anyone has a suggestion on what I can ask for it, please let me know :)
5 grand! I'll have it! 🙂👍

you better hurry up. there is an absolutely stunning santorini blue on cutters. it's goooooooooooooooorgeouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssss :D

you better hurry up. there is an absolutely stunning santorini blue on cutters. it's goooooooooooooooorgeouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssss :D

I saw that last night and it looks stunning!
I don't think it's a good idea for me to get an M3 with those miles because I will end up worrying too much just like I did with my last one and never drive it :(
This time, I want one with around 70k miles and just enjoy it without thinking I'm devaluing the car by adding too many miles

Brilliant!

Good morning everyone :)

I've come to my senses and have decided to keep the S65AMG..... It's not going anywhere!

Yesterday wasn't the best of days and when I got home after work, I took the S65AMG out and went for a drive. After the drive I washed it and seeing it parked inside the garage under the lights, it made me realise that it would be a mistake to sell such a car. Apart from the fact that I love how this model S classes look, I thought how often would I get to drive another V12 car?

The S65AMG and the S63AMG are not going anywhere

Advert was updated and then ended :)

Good morning everyone :)

I've come to my senses and have decided to keep the S65AMG..... It's not going anywhere!

Yesterday wasn't the best of days and when I got home after work, I took the S65AMG out and went for a drive. After the drive I washed it and seeing it parked inside the garage under the lights, it made me realise that it would be a mistake to sell such a car. Apart from the fact that I love how this model S classes look, I thought how often would I get to drive another V12 car?

The S65AMG and the S63AMG are not going anywhere

Advert was updated and then ended :)

I’ll give you 3 months and it will have gone :) .
It seems that you enjoy the work on a car bringing it back up to spec for the next owner . I’m not sure you enjoy the car as much once it’s all done (to your exceptionally high standards).
Is there an addict meeting group nearby for those with your particular issues ? ;)
I for one can’t wait for the next “MB Sam Special “ Thread .

Lovely car but visually ruined by lowering it IMO. An S-Class doesn't need yellow brake calipers either ;).

I’ll give you 3 months and it will have gone :) .
It seems that you enjoy the work on a car bringing it back up to spec for the next owner . I’m not sure you enjoy the car as much once it’s all done (to your exceptionally high standards).
Is there an addict meeting group nearby for those with your particular issues ? ;)
I for one can’t wait for the next “MB Sam Special “ Thread .

Don't say that! 🤣.....I convinced myself last night that I will keep it 😂
You are 100% right that I enjoy bringing them back up to spec and after that I do tend to get bored. I might make some changes to the S65 and part of me wants to build something unique but that idea might seem as I would ruin what's already a rare car........ I was thinking a green S65 in this colour combo 🤔.
It's just a thought at the moment.

Excellent, Sam, it is a magnificent motor. 🙂👍

Thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom