Piston Heads e55 w210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've no idea, but the advert I was referring to wasn't related to that thread / member.

i really like that, it does make a change from silver and at 5795 it was a good buy for someone, at 9876.54 (where the hell does he get that figure from) its not, i wouldn't pay anywhere near that figure, for that kind of money you can get a E55k sure with more miles and more owners but still a better car, along with lots of other cars you could also get an Audi RS6 Avant with 450 bhp compared to 349 BHP, Quattro to put the power down properly and a bigger boot!

still love this white 210 just silly money at the dealers price

It's called taste my friend...

Surprised this thread has garnered so much interest.

I'll probably be selling my 1993 W463 AMG 300GE and E500 Limited over the coming months and they will probably go for sale here first than Pistonheads.

Surprised this thread has garnered so much interest.

Why should you be? The 55 is probably one of the lowest mileage and even more important one of the cleanest if not the cleanest available. And the white makes a nice change too. :thumb:

Still confused over the Klms if it's not an import though.

The car is an import and in KMS. I had bought it in Hong Kong during 2008. Currently I am living between the UK, UAE, Hong Kong and Japan. The last 8 years saw me put on around 7000KMS (5000 miles). It is a very clean car and someone will get themselves a rust free example. I had priced the car for a quick sale at £5750 and it sold immediately.

My W211 E500 is a 2003 model. It was purchased and used in Hong Kong and has now done a little over 12000 miles (20000 KMS) since new.

Worth it for the rust free alone, let alone the miles...

Not sure what your getting at?

I own a w210 (not a 55 AMG, Granted) and love it

If your referring to my comments about value

Taste wouldn't come into it. You'd have to be stupid to pay 10k for that.

Again if the car was in its original condition and rust free would be worth that all day long, I own myself a 2001 E55 AMG which currently restoring and I'd never sell it.

I added that car (CL55K AMG) to this dicussion to show that for 10k you can get a better car than the W210 E55 in this post

As I've said before I really like the 210 and I'm sure the E55 version is wonderful in its own right but 10k is stupid money for one just because it doesn't have rust and has low miles, modern cars (of which I class the 210) are built so well that high mileage (as long as it's well maintained) isn't all headaches

I can even give you a first hand example of low miles on my other car 1995 BMW E36 (for sale on here) car was my Aunties, she never really drove It and it was kept in a garage but because she hardly drove it she didn't do too much maintenance only really things like servicing and some tyres for MOT so I've ended up with a car that has a couple of big bills due just because she couldn't warrant spending the money (not that I'm complaining as the car was free)

My point is, sometimes high milers can be better than low milers, it depends on the previous owners and therefore just because a car had low miles doesn't mean it's in top condition (although the one in the OP) clearly is.

Lastly if I had 10k I would not be making my way down to this car, in fact I would be positively staying away from handing obet 10k for a 210.

If I had that cash (and didn't own 3 cars already) it would be a toss up between an 2004 Audi Rs6 Avant! 0-60 is 4.5 secs and 155mph without remap.

Or the facelift 2003ish CL55K AMG don't know figures and don't care (it's the engine I want it for)

Is not him definitely.

I think it is Bruno.

Anyway I don't know why everyone is kicking off about the price. Any seller can ask whatever they want for any car! If you don't like it then move on. Try finding another W210 with low miles, let alone a fully blown E55 in white.

I think it is Bruno.

Anyway I don't know why everyone is kicking off about the price. Any seller can ask whatever they want for any car! If you don't like it then move on. Try finding another W210 with low miles, let alone a fully blown E55 in white.

:((

I think it is Bruno.

i agree, anyone can ask any amount for a car, likewise anyone can comment on any car for sale,

the Uk is a free and democratic place (well sort of) and just like the chap selling the car who is free to ask what he wants, we are free to discuss it,

cars are like many other things in life that people trade,

someone sells something and someone buys it , its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it,

my opinion is that if someone is willing to pay 10k for a non uk spec 210 e55 thats their choice, however, in my mind that would be a bad choice and he would be wasting his money as he could get a better car for the same money,

i also get that some people dont want a better car, again its their choice

this is a forum, a forum where people come together to discuss Mercs, be it work they are doing, work they are thinking of doing or maybe even a car they are thinking about buying!!! everyone has an opinion and thats how it should be

****Very Rare Mercedes W210 E36 AMG**** | eBay

is the white e55 more than 3 times better than this, to someone I'm sure it is

to me its not!!!

That is very nice and unusual. Not sure seats are massaging though. Would be orthopaedic?
Is it a good price? Seems so.
Not sure how they drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom