Pressure washing - daft questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dont use your turbo lance on your car, leave that 1 to cleaning the drive only

Thanks again to all the responses to this, good to get the full range of opinions! Although some say pressure washing is unlikely to cause damage with the power of the K2, the majority have advised great caution! It certainly makes sense that the pressure could cause damage to paintwork and lacquer where there is already minor damage.

So, cleaning this week will involve much greater care with the pressure washer, and much lower expectations for the snow foam!

Also going to give Autoglym TFR a go (even though I realise it's not wax friendly - mine needs a wax anyway).

I avoid tfr like the plague, it can damage diamond cut wheels and can discolour your badges

I avoid tfr like the plague, it can damage diamond cut wheels and can discolour your badges

Just driving in the rain will damage diamond cut wheels. I’ve already had my wheels replaced under warranty. In 50 years driving I’ve never had to get any wheel replaced prior to the CLS. My 16 year old SL with “conventional” alloys still look like new.

I’ve yet to see any diamond cut wheel last past 3 to 4 years without suffering some form of damage.
They’re not suited to our climate IMO

Just driving in the rain will damage diamond cut wheels. I’ve already had my wheels replaced under warranty. In 50 years driving I’ve never had to get any wheel replaced prior to the CLS. My 16 year old SL with “conventional” alloys still look like new.

I’ve yet to see any diamond cut wheel last past 3 to 4 years without suffering some form of damage.
They’re not suited to our climate IMO
The diamond cut wheels on my nine year old C350 only started to show signs of the white plague about a year ago. I put it down to never using anything on them that was stronger than the normal shampoo I used on the rest of the car. Perhaps putting the car in my garage every time it wasn't being used helped too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom