Project C43 W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Abb , the car is looking good , if you get it sorted next spring I’m sure between Ritchy and myself we can organise another meet-up at Shildon as it’s such a popular venue :D

Fingers crossed Andy, fingers crossed!

Happy New Year Abb. Any progress to report on when you might be back on the road? I’m sure a “Reveal” at Locomotion in Shildon would make a good excuse for a North East Meet Up ;)

Don't blame anyone who has nodded off, I am boring myself now with the lack of progress! Am now thinking I may, just may have it back for the spring, yes thats spring 2019!

More parts from MB. Had to order another boot lid (didn't realise the original one I had purchased was pre facelift, someone on here pointed that out, so thank you), a sunroof seal and also bonnet insulation.

IMG_1595.jpeg IMG_1596.jpeg IMG_1602.jpeg IMG_1604.jpeg IMG_1603.jpeg IMG_1597.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1595.jpeg
    IMG_1595.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1596.jpeg
    IMG_1596.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 3
Dropped the bits off earlier in the week to check on progress as I was told it would be in primer by the end of Jan, unfortunately it wasn't but this morning I got these pics let me know it is about to enter the booth for primer :)

Finally!
40a6bd09-1f09-4048-a14c-de19ae779d4c.jpg 5840056e-455c-482b-96d7-3105df7f0050.jpg 8d461e8f-b487-4cc4-a71f-b15b78f1c2d7.jpg 56f344f9-e703-439f-be50-4dd8efdc92df.jpg

Abb

This is going to be worth every bit of that wait. We can see its all stating to really come together now.

When they fit the bonnet foam/insulation. Check whether it is a glue in piece or, one that fastens in with plastic poppers?

If it's a Glue In one? You may want to order up the glue from Mercedes (It was still in stock) as it is a special glue that is designed to melt at a set temp and allow the insulation to drop in the event of a fire. I assume this is in the hope it may help extinguish any flames? It comes in a large white tin and needs a large spatula to apply. It is very thick and syrupy so also wants the wings covered to avoid any accidental contact with your nice fresh paint.

I did exactly this when I fitted the nice new insulation to my 124 which I managed to buy from a member on here. who also very kindly sold me the unopened tin of glue.

It makes a huge difference to the aesthetics of the engine bay as well as providing some decent sound deadening, especially when you close the bonnet.

Good luck. Keep those pics coming please.

Hi Abb

Pleased that things are moving along again :)

Any chance it’s going to be ready by 14 April? We’ve got the ideal outing for you ;)

Northern Spring Meeting, 14 April 2019, Eden Camp, Malton, North Yorkshire

Thanks Andy, unfortunately I cannot answer that question, trust me I wish I could! Fingers crossed things 'should' start moving a bit quicker now, so there's every chance, definitely, possibly, maybe it will be ready for the outing! :) Will keep you posted.

Abb

This is going to be worth every bit of that wait. We can see its all stating to really come together now.

When they fit the bonnet foam/insulation. Check whether it is a glue in piece or, one that fastens in with plastic poppers?

If it's a Glue In one? You may want to order up the glue from Mercedes (It was still in stock) as it is a special glue that is designed to melt at a set temp and allow the insulation to drop in the event of a fire. I assume this is in the hope it may help extinguish any flames? It comes in a large white tin and needs a large spatula to apply. It is very thick and syrupy so also wants the wings covered to avoid any accidental contact with your nice fresh paint.

I did exactly this when I fitted the nice new insulation to my 124 which I managed to buy from a member on here. who also very kindly sold me the unopened tin of glue.

It makes a huge difference to the aesthetics of the engine bay as well as providing some decent sound deadening, especially when you close the bonnet.

Good luck. Keep those pics coming please.

Thanks Bruce for the advice. AFAIK it is held on with clips/poppers but in light of what you have said, I will get them to triple check.

It’s all uphill from here pal - can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

Thanks Andy, unfortunately I cannot answer that question, trust me I wish I could! Fingers crossed things 'should' start moving a bit quicker now, so there's every chance, definitely, possibly, maybe it will be ready for the outing! :) Will keep you posted.

Will be great if it is , if not you’re more than welcome to come along in anything with wheels and an engine, even the Fireblade ;)

Cheers Andy, if I am not away with work, I will definitely be there in some form of metal! Find out beginning of next month what my rota will be.

Cheers Andy, if I am not away with work, I will definitely be there in some form of metal! Find out beginning of next month what my rota will be.

Great stuff, if the C43 isn’t ready for 14 April I’ve got plans for another Northern Meeting early June :D

Reactions: Abb
So my excitement was short lived and progress slowed down shortly after getting the last update. I then received a few pics but I must warn you now, they are not very exciting, but pics none the less! :D

70f3181a-c902-426e-91e8-3e9dabd43646-2.jpg

You will notice on the 1st pic there is some small scabs of rust still visible and that around the jubilee clip, this was dealt with by flattening back. The grey/silver colouring is some sort of waterproof sealant I was told prior to be treated with the darker coloured dinitrol treatment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom