• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

R172 SLK Speedtronic / Cruise Control

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Can anyone with a late R172 with the colour multi-function display like this:

confirm whether or not there is any indication in the display as to whether Cruise or Speedtronic is active? The manual suggests that there should be a tell-tale icon displayed:

and in the text within the manual it says that when "LIM" is displayed, the set speed is also given.

Unfortunately, the one we picked up today doesn't give any indication that either Cruise or Speedtronic is active, nor the set speed for the limiter. Only the initial message is displayed for around 5 seconds when either is first set.

Hi Dont know if this helps but I have a 2014 SL with the same cluster and when cruise or speedtronic are selected I get a 10 second display where the mileage is and then a constant display of selected speed down at the bottom just above the eco symbol. It stays on untill I de-select

...then a constant display of selected speed down at the bottom just above the eco symbol. It stays on untill I de-select
Aha!

Thanks Alex, that's what I would have expected. Will now speak with the dealer :cool:

Phil Phil Phil. Forget all that dude. Tell us how the new 55 is???

I notice a the tank is brimmed and ready to go. My postcode is DG12 :thumb:

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil
Let me know how you get on, certain things in the cluster can be turned on and off using the star machine in developer mode.(which the dealer does not have access to)

Will do :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom