R231 SL music file formats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
I want to save songs on to a USB stick and play in my R231 SL (with Harmon Kardon).

Any one know what file format the song has to be in? I will be using songs in my iTunes library.

I looked in my fake leather manual folder, but there is only a CD based Digital Owners Manual which is useless as my Macbook Pro does not have a CD/DVD drive :wallbash:

Thanks.

I uploaded onto the hard drive on our SL and our E from a USB using MP3 format, but not Itunes. I just use windows music player Sean.

The same drive would just play if plugged into the USB port.

Just plug an iPod in, it would do the same thing.

I'm not sure if you can upload ipod music to a USB that will then play, but I'm not a Mac person so there may be a workaround.

Last edited:
Any one know what file format the song has to be in?
According to the documentation I have the supported audio formats are: MP3, WMA, CD-A, plus Apple AAC formats: .aac, .mp4, .m4a and .m4b
I looked in my fake leather manual folder, but there is only a CD based Digital Owners Manual which is useless as my Macbook Pro does not have a CD/DVD drive :wallbash:
That CD is readable by your car's COMAND system.

Although the i-Tunes misic is likely to be AAC, if it's not playing, it's worth converting a couple of tracks to MP3, just as a diagnostic.

If it plays ok, you know that converting to MP3 will be a passable work-around.

Just get a software converter (Free, just Google it) then store the converted files on the USB stick..

A pain, bit better than buying the music twice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom