Radiator warning is showing!!! W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shala

Car
S350 CDI 2010
i removed the radiator cap & it's got water in it. but the warning light comes on. at first it was showing once a month. then kept getting more frequent. now its showing 3 out of 5 times when i start the engine. then the light goes away after few mins of driving.

what do i do?

Shala

that is an easy one .same symptoms as mine
rad coolant sensor mate. £10. have you got an expansion tank or not.
As long as your gasket is not bust

Last edited:
I dunno m8. as far as i know its a standard c180 esprite

just behind the radiator. i can see it as soon as i open the bonnet

then rotate the sensor anticlockwise and it will come off. read the numbers on it as there are two kinds.
mine was 2105450024

This is my first german car & all I got so far is sensor problems. O2 sensor, air flow sensor & now now this!!

expensive!!! where can I get the sensors then?? are euro car parts a good bet?

i'll check the part number tomorrow

Cheers for this!:rock:

Shala

it is not expensive it is about £10. and it is jjust one. yes any moparts should have it. it is even cheap at the main dealer as well.
sorry it happens sometimes. you have got a good car there

before you spend any money, try cleaning both the washer bottle sensor and the rad coolant sensor. it might just do the trick.
as long as it is not on permanently it may need cleaning.

yes... how do i clean the washer bottle. its got so much gelly goo in it I hate looking at it everytime I fill it up.

there is a plug on the coolant on the bottle. take the plug out and pull out the sensor and clean. you are cleaning the sensor not the bottle.

how do i clean the washer bottle
  1. Disconnect the fluid level sensor.
  2. Undo the nut at the top of the bottle.
  3. Pull the top of the pump outwards to unclip it from the bottle, then lift the pump up and out of the bottle. Washer fluid will drain out of the bottle at this stage.
  4. Recover the grommet that sits between the pump intake and the bottle. If it is old and brittle it should be replaced. If it is really old and brittle it will have torn in step 3 and will no longer make a watertight seal. (Ask me how I know. :rolleyes:) Part number A123 997 36 81.
  5. If you have headlamp washers, repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second pump.
  6. Lift the bottle out.
  7. Refitting is the reverse of removal... ;)
    Fit the grommet to the bottle, and make sure it is properly seated, before refitting the pump.
I haven't got a W202 in front of me, so apologies if the details are slightly off.

will try on the weekend. thanks guys

I have the same problem but i have tried messing about with the connections but to no avail. I checked the bottle and where the sensor goes in, there is a white plastic part floating around and it looks like it is loose and floating around at free will. Any ideas people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom