• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Rare colour SL55AMG

Whatever shade it is , it's stunning!
Shame about the lacquer peel though - although only on the mirrors so a relatively easy fix.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 12.33.32.png

It was up for sale in March for £28k.
Not sure it will reach that price

25/03/2024Mercedes, Petrol, Red, 5439cc68,700£27,995

I reckon it's Thulite Red (541U)

I suggest £20k but much depends on whether two people are after that distinctive colour.

I'm no fan of AMG - I don't have access to the roads to use that 517bhp - but I have watched facelift R230 SL500's for a few years. They have owners who "know that these things are worth more than people are prepared to pay." FL SL500's struggle to achieve £12k, but advertisers love advertising for ages at £16k, even though they don't sell.

Both of these SL500's (not 55's) have been looking for new homes for at least a year. (The dates only tell part of the story)

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 13.20.54.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 13.21.12.png

Last edited:
I reckon it's Thulite Red (541U)

I suggest £20k but much depends on whether two people are after that distinctive colour.

I'm no fan of AMG - I don't have access to the roads to use that 517bhp - but I have watched facelift R230 SL500's for a few years. They have owners who "know that these things are worth more than people are prepared to pay." FL SL500's struggle to achieve £12k, but advertisers love advertising for ages at £16k, even though they don't sell.

Both of these SL500's (not 55's) have been looking for new homes for at least a year. (The dates only tell part of the story)

View attachment 156816

View attachment 156817
That was the color I had in mind too, was gonna say titanite red, but think that is a bit lighter?

I saw a titanite e55 for sale a bit back so that’s why that sprung to mind..

Nice spot mate 👍🏽

As for what it’s worth or what I’d reckon it would do, SL55 prices are all over from what I’ve seen.. Of course we’ll have to wait and see.

These special colors often in high demand so I reckon it’ll do strong money, I’d wait for a proper description first.

Nice looking car.....but wouldn't it look so much better with light leather....would not cook you when you leave it parked in the sun with the roof down either!!
Do agree that light leather would suit this.. Cream, white or even a nice oxblood. 😅

That was the color I had in mind too, was gonna say titanite red, but think that is a bit lighter?
I saw a titanite e55 for sale a bit back so that’s why that sprung to mind..
Nice spot mate 👍🏽
As for what it’s worth or what I’d reckon it would do, SL55 prices are all over from what I’ve seen.. Of course we’ll have to wait and see.
These special colors often in high demand so I reckon it’ll do strong money, I’d wait for a proper description first.
Thanks ! (I don't get out much) And to be really pedantic, I did mean hammer, rather than hammer plus fees.

Agreed about the price range. "As they should be..."

At 17 years old, it has to be about how it runs, condition, servicing and provenance. It could be a donkey, or as new. (£12 - £30k, if you will)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom