• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Recent purchase thread

Well, replaced rather than bought! My sky Q box started playing up with a 'dead' hard drive as we returned from holiday. Did the normal checks as the Sky website requested, but still no joy. Ordered a new 2Tb box 4pm yesterday and the new one arrived at 2 pm today. Set-up took about an hour as the new box refused for quite some time to see any satellite signal, but after digging in to some obscure menus we had TV again.
The various mini boxes around the house were much less painful and at least seemed to know they were looking at a new main box.
I was not impressed that a 8 year old piece of equipment croaked, (both my Bryston amps and PMC speakers came with 20yr warranty!) but was impressed that we were up and running again with 24 hrs...
The F1 from Baku starts Friday!

View attachment 161076
I take it you "Lost" all of your recordings! :dk::doh::rolleyes:

I take it you "Lost" all of your recordings! :dk::doh::rolleyes:
Oh yes! But I consider them just borrowed anyway, and as has been stated, the vast majority are available on catch up and similar facilities.
Anything, personal or I consider 'precious' are backed up on my server and/or other devices. So it's really no biggie...my wife will soon be re-filling the vacant space with countless episodes of 'Vera' and various other tv detectives😂🤣

Well, replaced rather than bought! My sky Q box started playing up with a 'dead' hard drive as we returned from holiday. Did the normal checks as the Sky website requested, but still no joy. Ordered a new 2Tb box 4pm yesterday and the new one arrived at 2 pm today. Set-up took about an hour as the new box refused for quite some time to see any satellite signal, but after digging in to some obscure menus we had TV again.
The various mini boxes around the house were much less painful and at least seemed to know they were looking at a new main box.
I was not impressed that a 8 year old piece of equipment croaked, (both my Bryston amps and PMC speakers came with 20yr warranty!) but was impressed that we were up and running again with 24 hrs...
The F1 from Baku starts Friday!

View attachment 161076
Pmc and Bryston - epic :)

Just placed the pre-order for a new phone for Mrs D, an iPhone 16 Pro Max in the rather beautiful natural titanium finish. I also just ordered a Mon Carbon Kevlar case for it, with a rather beautiful blue fibre weave.

Both just so happen to be what I would be ordering if they were for me. I wonder whether she might consider swapping?

1726259904847.png

We went to iPhones a few years ago thanks to our daughter having a couple left over from her swops, never got on with them as to get at anything you had to use their software rather than just plugging the phone into to PC and using Windows File Explorer. Swopped to Samsung Galaxy A10's and never looked back. Also years ago had to use Apple PC's when initially working for an Aberdeen oil company where the drilling manager (Howard Brain - did he have one!) decided that despite the rest of the company using Windows PC's he would keep Aberdeen Drilling on Apple PC's. Eventually realised the error of his ways, the ensuing chaos of switching was a nightmare.

Just placed the pre-order for a new phone for Mrs D, an iPhone 16 Pro Max in the rather beautiful natural titanium finish. I also just ordered a Mon Carbon Kevlar case for it, with a rather beautiful blue fibre weave.

Both just so happen to be what I would be ordering if they were for me. I wonder whether she might consider swapping?

View attachment 161205
Two chances.
Slim and Fat.

Slim left town 😁😁😁

We went to iPhones a few years ago thanks to our daughter having a couple left over from her swops, never got on with them as to get at anything you had to use their software rather than just plugging the phone into to PC and using Windows File Explorer. Swopped to Samsung Galaxy A10's and never looked back. Also years ago had to use Apple PC's when initially working for an Aberdeen oil company where the drilling manager (Howard Brain - did he have one!) decided that despite the rest of the company using Windows PC's he would keep Aberdeen Drilling on Apple PC's. Eventually realised the error of his ways, the ensuing chaos of switching was a nightmare.
We, as a family, are the exact opposite. Never looked back since starting with Apple. iPhones, iPads, iMac MacBooks and HomePods. The more we use the more we love. However, we’re all different and there’s no right or wrong.

I’ve a friend who is a Samsung lover. He gets really really REALLY ar5ey when he comes to our ‘Apple’ house. I just don’t get why, I don’t care a jot that he uses/likes Samsung. 🥱

We, as a family, are the exact opposite. Never looked back since starting with Apple. iPhones, iPads, iMac MacBooks and HomePods. The more we use the more we love. However, we’re all different and there’s no right or wrong.

I’ve a friend who is a Samsung lover. He gets really really REALLY ar5ey when he comes to our ‘Apple’ house. I just don’t get why, I don’t care a jot that he uses/likes Samsung. 🥱
Once you get used to the Apple /Samsung way of things changing is just a oeij6😁

My biggest thing was being able, with the Samsung, to plug the phone into my Windows PC and immediately see it in Windows File Explorer to copy photos, delete photos etc, whereas with the Iphone 4's I had to use Apple software and it was nowhere near as easy. I'm fairly computer literate, but no way would Cora be able to handle the Apple methods - she had problems with Samsung's easier ones (although while I'm around, she will not need to!)

My biggest thing was being able, with the Samsung, to plug the phone into my Windows PC and immediately see it in Windows File Explorer to copy photos, delete photos etc, whereas with the Iphone 4's I had to use Apple software and it was nowhere near as easy. I'm fairly computer literate, but no way would Cora be able to handle the Apple methods - she had problems with Samsung's easier ones (although while I'm around, she will not need to!)
I find Apple too controlling and authoritarian, which , might be the price for ease of integration of Apple products, (I see that as cynical marketing) for those who just want an environment that works for them.

The thing I find most annoying is the Apple ID. I have work gadgets and non-work gadgets and two id’s but somehow they all seem to have linked in some way which isn’t ideal.

View attachment 161205
Method in your madness. 😉😀👍

Have to say I like my Samsung, but my Niece and Nephew swear by there iPhones. Each to there own as Ant says.
Personally don't give a monkeys who has what phone. 🙂👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom