Recommendations for discs and pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I put EBC green stuff on mine and pagid discs. Better bite and hardly any dust at all compared with one day of being clean I had with Standard.

£250 all fitted :D

Sounds like a great combo! I hope they came from us :D

Let us know how they get on once they are bed in

Seen the discussion on the after market pads and disc's. Be careful if you buy ones designed for racing as they are not suitable for road use. They are for racing and meant to be run hot and as with most racing kit part life is not a consideration.

MB will have spent a fortune identifying the best combination of performance and durability, if these other brake parts were better then I think we could be sure that they would have selected them, unless they have the wrong price level.

Well after nearly 300 miles on the new pads and discs (Pagid rear pads and ATE front pads with Pagid front discs) I can say that they are bedding in well. Initially the feel from cold was average but now they feel a great deal better than before the change.

The original rear pads were down to about 3-4mm and the front pads just over half worn but the front discs were heavily ridged, scored and badly corroded internally. The pedal now feels firmer and response seems to be a little faster but still with good modulation and no snatching at low speed as the previous set-up displayed.

A few heavy braking tests show good power and although difficult to compare to before the car seems to stop with less effort and on a twisty back road to home where I had brake fade with the old pads and discs with some "energetic" driving I found none with the new brakes.

Dust also seems to be very low and so far the brakes are quiet and squeal free.

Seen the discussion on the after market pads and disc's. Be careful if you buy ones designed for racing as they are not suitable for road use. They are for racing and meant to be run hot and as with most racing kit part life is not a consideration.

MB will have spent a fortune identifying the best combination of performance and durability, if these other brake parts were better then I think we could be sure that they would have selected them, unless they have the wrong price level.

Dude.

MB dont make brake pads. EBC do. :D I have a great combo, nil fade squeaks and no longer have sooted up wheels after 20 miles.

MB cars have always been renowned for having good brakes.

Changing pads and discs as required is often a lot cheaper than your insurance excess or front end.

Dude.

MB dont make brake pads. EBC do. :D I have a great combo, nil fade squeaks and no longer have sooted up wheels after 20 miles.

Mr Nicey is correct - MB are a car brand, and at most a vehicle assembler - their parts are made by the leaders in their respective markets - Electrical components will be made by Bosch, VDO and siemens - Fuel parts will be made by Delphi, braking parts will be made by ATE, TMD, or Brembo.

This is why we do so well with european vehicles, all the owners are well aware of this fact now, and would rather come to us and buy the same part direct, rather than spending up to 70% more on a Mercedes (or other vehicle make) box

I'm really keen to see the feedback from the guys who have fitted the EBC pads on their cars, it sounds all good so far!

Eurocar parts

i fitted EBC Reds , bought from yourselves actually, fitting of the front ones was a mare, didnt fit properly, the anti squeel shimms were slightly to wide for the calipers so needed grinding down a mm before the pad would go in, pain in the **** to fit. Rears slotted in fine.

They squeeled like a banshee when they got hot at very slow speeds for about 400 miles, after about 1000 miles they were silent. this is even after following the bedding in procedure EBC have.

After all that, the bite from them is great, very low dust, and the dust that is produced wipes off easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom