Recommended after market brand of brake discs & pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Ha ha brilliant.

Well, I finally got the job done.
I didn't want to let those four carrier bolts that wouldn't budge beat me especially as they made me break my breaker bar.
I went with suggestions on here of heat + bit of brute force. Micro blow torch with mapp gas, 18mm spanner, and a lump hammer. It still took some time but I probably wasn't applying the heat for long enough at first.
I also went with your overall recommendation of the Brembo discs. From GSF £202 pr but with their 60% (DISC)count :). Sorry couldn't resist that. It was £81 pr.
I can only thank you all again for your replies and advice. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20201130_232622.jpg
    20201130_232622.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201130_232547.jpg
    20201130_232547.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Good on you for persevering! A very good price on your discs too. All in all, a 5 page thread yielded a good result all round for you, perhaps not so much for your breaker bar! 😂 At least now with the money you have saved you can go and buy another? I await the thread for.....breaker bar recommendations ;)

Good on you for persevering! A very good price on your discs too. All in all, a 5 page thread yielded a good result all round for you, perhaps not so much for your breaker bar! 😂 At least now with the money you have saved you can go and buy another? I await the thread for.....breaker bar recommendations ;)
Breaker Bar Monthly is a good read :)

Reactions: Abb
Good point about the breaker bar I'm not going to spend £400 + on one ;).
But I might think about starting the thread for recommendations lol.

Reactions: Abb
They have been included with some of the Brembo discs or could be pads I've had in the past.
I used the old bolts, never thought to get new ones. But the old ones were good. The shafts were like new.
The only extras in the Brembo box were the two small screws.

I used the old ones but I suppose I should have got new ones ?
No need to buy new ones, just clean and torque up to the correct tightness.

No need to buy new ones, just clean and torque up to the correct tightness.
Thanks. I don't have a torque wrench but made sure I got them nice and tight🤞

View attachment 104975
Just had a quick look on Euro Car Parts for the price of Brembo discs for my E250 and they work out at £108 for 2.

That looks a good price, esp with free delivery

New pads are, what, £60?, plus say 2 hours indie labour at £75 (jncl VAT) totals £320?

£84.90 delivered on ebay with code NECTAR20 if (link one) you have a Nectar card linked. carpartsbargains

Discs arrived just now.

Next day DHL delivery with invoice in the box. :thumb:

20201203_163843.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom