Recovering i-tunes library from ipod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Our HDD on the home PC died laast week, and with it our i-tunes library.

My wife has her 1300 favourite songs :confused: and plaaylists on her i-pod touch (1st generation) and wants to copy back to a new I tunes shell on the PC - but this seesm to be easier said than done. There does not seem to be a Apple approved method for doing this and lots resulting from a google search, some of which seem complicated.

Can anyone help from experience? There is more to this than simply copying a folder full of music back to the PC from the i-pod (assuring of course the PC does not try and sync the ipod and so wipe it) as itunes is very very fussy about what tunes (and their source) it wants to recognise, whether Itunes sourced; CD; webiste etc etc.

Please help. This is a nightmare. Any reliable downlaods available even if they need to be paid for?

Thanks

Marc

Not read all this but try HERE. iLounge solutions are normally first class

Yep iLounge is the place to go. A friend had a similar problem, and with the instructions from iLounge he successfully restored all the music back from his iPOD to his PC.

What I've done before is to connect to a new itunes install, select do not sync when prompted, then enable the option to use the ipod as a hard disk and copy the folders to your new hardisk. The folders on the ipod won't be named anything to do with the artist. Then in itunes select add folder to library and it should add all the files and name them all correctly. Worked for me but I've not had to do it for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom