Retrofit original Parktronic on W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingpin!

Car
R350 (W251) & R350 (V251)
Hey, forum!

I'm looking for a W204 but have problems finding a nice one with Parktronic so now I'm thinking of buying one anyway and possibly without Parktronic and then retrofit it myself.

I wonder, since W204 is a newer model and that Parktronic is much more common than 10 years back (I really think it should have been standard on W204), has MB at least "prepared" for easy upgrading? What I mean is, apart from drilling holes for the sensors etc., is it kind of plug-n-play when it comes to connectors etc. so you don't have to lift the carpet etc. for cables?

Also, what kind of money is a Parktronic kit normally?

Another question, has MB prepared for COMAND, is there a GPS antenna in the car even though the car didn't come with COMAND?

TIA!

MB very rarely fit wiring looms for options not fitted, so you will need to remove all sorts of trim to get the looms in and connected. MB retro-fit PTS is in the region of £1900

There will not be a GPS antenna fitted, if the car didn't leave the factory with Navigation.

Thanks for the information! I will continue to look for a car with Parktronic from start then.

Sad that MB didn't include this from the start - feels so normal to have this in the modern car from a safety perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom