s204 - rear centre ashtray and power socket - not there ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiggytwo2000

Car
C-Class 220CDi Elegance 2008
Hi everyone. I am a new C220cdi Elegance estate owner and am very pleased with it.

I might be going mad but I am sure that the demo car had a rear ashtray (for ash read daughters sweet wrapper tray) and a power socket (to charge ipod owned by said person. Mine does not have one, just a blanking plate under the rear airvents. MB Swindon says it is not part of the ashtray package (or are they wrong) and claim that none of their C-Classes have it either.

It is mentioned in the manual and it not shown as an optional extra.

Has any other 204 owner got one ?

My W204 doesn't have a power outlet socket or "sweet wrapper tray" at the rear of the centre console either.

the ashtray is no longer standard & has to be specified in the options list. I am unsure about the sweet tray/ power socket- this may be part of the trim level, eg may only be available on, for instance, avantgarde or sport?

While the owner's manual does clearly show pic's of a rear ashtray and cigarette lighter, the current UK pricelist for the C-Class lists option code #301 "Ashtray and cigarette lighter" for £30.00, and notes "Replaces front centre storage compartment and 12 V socket", so no mention of anything for the rear passengers, even if the smoker option is ticked :confused:

In our B class, power sockets were standard front & rear. One in the boot was an option too (that we went for) for £20.
Sounds(surprisingly) like they are cost cutting on the C?

My C220 CDI Sport has no power socket in the rear. I don't have the smoker package however.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I asked MB Swindon and they said that it is an option (but they did not know how it could be selected) and it is pictured in the manual because the same manual is used for different countries, some of which may have the rear power socket/ashtray as standard.

I for one, are not particularly happy with that poor answer.....

it will be some weird option that has no relation will give it.

such as telephone prewire or folding rear seats etc.

wouldnt be the first time ive heard of no one being able to work out a sure and fast way to get an optional extra

ill bet its got something to do with the front smokers package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom