Scratched Command screen - solved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
Thought I should share this. When I bought my car the Command screen was badly scratched. In the wrong light you couldn't read it due to all the fine marks on the screen. Perceived wisdom was that this was the anti glare coating damaged due to a previous owner using an aggressive cleaner. Was quoted £120 to have the unit out and the coating removed or even more for a new screen. Searching the net found Novus scratch remover. Anyway £20 on Amazon so thought worth a punt. Sorry no before pic but really pleased with it now. This was after 20 mins work! Really easy to do. Just put some masking tape round the edges to stop the fluid getting everywhere and gave it a rub. Started with Number 2 and then used Number 1.

Attachments

• image-546636726.jpg
    image-546636726.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 141
  • image-3622119168.jpg
    image-3622119168.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 110
Good work chap! For twenty quid it's well worth a shout.

The screen on the SL my other half bought was not in a good way when we got it. Wasn't sure if it was damaged or needed cleaning.

Turned out to be some silicon crap smeared on it which I assume was meant for the plastic. Luckily a few goes with glass cleaner sorted it.

These things are expensive to replace otherwise!

I use the same Novus on my black gloss plastic centre console. Though I found it needs to be done with the Novus wipes

uumode said:
I use the same Novus on my black gloss plastic centre console. Though I found it needs to be done with the Novus wipes
I just used a microfibre cloth and number 2 and 1 and it all went. Have a w205 as a daily drive and was going to have a go on the trim as they were scratched when I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom