Secret cubby behind seat controls on a 211 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Hope I have the number right on a W211 E class (2003 on) they have on the centre console a row of buttons with the (I think) from memory Hazzard lights, heated seats etc.

On my dads car this raises up to reveal a secret cubby (or I guess where the 6 cd would have been) his car does not have command.

Now my neighbour has a 2008 E class with command and I was lookinbg at it the other day and tried to see if he had the secret cubby?

Does his car not have one as it has command? or if it does how does it open?

Comand should make no difference, it should have the cubby and it should operate in the same manner.

I agree and it sounds like we are discussing the CD changer cubby hole?

Pictures might help though :)

I'm sure they dropped the cubby hole on last update. The later comand has a built in changer.

hmm, could be wrong then, wasn't aware of that.

Hello

I don't have a picture but hope Timskemp doesn't mind as I've used his as it shows what I want :)

Dads is a 2003 E320Cdi Avantguade estate without command, neighbours is a 2008 E320cdi Estate with command.

Should the secret cubby be there??

P1040934.jpg

its not the comand that is making the difference as such, its the age of the car if they have made a change. (as in, a 2003 E-Class with Comand WILL have the cubby)

NTG2.5 based units do not have the cubby, and the cubby control is disabled if you fit one to an older car. I think MB have realised that there was no real cost benefit to having a complicated system of separate amps, changers, fibre connectors etc and have gone back to a sensible "stick it in the dash" for 99% of the cars they'll sell with all the extra complexity the exception instead of the rule.

I was working on a new 211 estate last week with comand 2.5 and phone pre-wireing . They really have made the system much more simple . The AGW is gone as is all the Most lines for the Nav , AGW and Phone .The phone now is located in the back left corner of the car and is more compact and with less wires .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom