Selling my 4200 & Chimaera - 2 into 1 - Thoughts on replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've not had a 911 only a Boxster and agree a Cayman is cracking buy. Just feel they are not really special enough and almost a bit too good and a might leave me a bit sterile.

I've not had a 911 only a Boxster and agree a Cayman is cracking buy. Just feel they are not really special enough and almost a bit too good and a might leave me a bit sterile.
You bought the AM yet? :D

You bought the AM yet? :D
Well I would do if my Maser buyer had sent the deposit payment. Holding a deal up at the mo [emoji3]

They are quite noisy inside having a mid engine just behind your ears.

Well I would do if my Maser buyer had sent the deposit payment. Holding a deal up at the mo [emoji3]
Well, quick update. First buyer who agreed a deal on Sat night went cold/quiet never responded to my messages and no deposit.

Got a call from a different guy this morning, came round earlier and bought it straight away. Deposit received this time so all good.

Just had verbal confirmation on the Vantage deal and hopefully will tie up tomorrow. Will be long drive to just north of Blackpool ironically in the TVR. Then long drive back in the Vantage so will be long days driving this week but a good one. How manys days do you get to drive a TVR past Blackpool then drive a Vantage back. Sure am looking forward to that day.

Well, quick update. First buyer who agreed a deal on Sat night went cold/quiet never responded to my messages and no deposit.

Got a call from a different guy this morning, came round earlier and bought it straight away. Deposit received this time so all good.

Just had verbal confirmation on the Vantage deal and hopefully will tie up tomorrow. Will be long drive to just north of Blackpool ironically in the TVR. Then long drive back in the Vantage so will be long days driving this week but a good one. How manys days do you get to drive a TVR past Blackpool then drive a Vantage back. Sure am looking forward to that day.
When my old business partner ordered his T350 we did a factory (shed) tour at their Blackpool factory.

We shall be requiring pictures .

We shall be requiring pictures .
Of course no problem. Not counting my chickens yet after last few weeks so will keep my powder dry until it is done.

Reactions: 219
Congratulations!

I’ve been tempted but the ones I’ve looked at had ropey MoT histories.
Thanks... hopefully it all goes through OK. I've worked hard, been blessed with decent enough health and am really appreciative. When I was a little boy growing up I only dreamed of driving, owning and even sitting in cars like this. To have had the cars I've had and to add my first Aston to the list I find truly staggering. Not sure it will sink in until driving home in it.

Congratulations!

I’ve been tempted but the ones I’ve looked at had ropey MoT histories.
It has full Stratstone MD history until a couple of years ago then it slips a smidge for a couple of years going non MD but with 49k miles and looks well looked after I'm OK with that as the numbers work.

I'm sure I'll find out soon enough if it is decent enough. I'm planning to get in for a basic service and check over with Nicholas Mee who are very close to me. Then we will see what we really have good or bad.

Last edited:
Well the 4200 and Chimaera have gone and a non-MB replacement is home. Long day's driving yesterday starting of @ 5am to take the TVR up to near Morecambe Bay to then drive the new to me car home.

A few bits to do to her and not sure about the silver wrapped bits as.to whether they stay or are removed. Really lovely car though, a joy to drive and a lovely noise!

6aa05f48b6b2635d5f6273886c08c44d.jpg
a85936dd3d01164e74b26a669a276a2e.jpg
cc7e29a83f4e481686728058deeb8963.jpg

Always wanted an Aston Martin but am afraid I will just have to make do with my SLK and drool over other people's

Me too....always a boyhood dream of mine to have an SL, Aston, Maserati, TVR, Alfa Busso, M5, Mini. Not had the mini yet and there are some exotica that I don't think I will ever own. However I'm very appreciative of what I have managed to snag to date so a certainly not complaining!

Very different noise to an AMG but very pleasant all the same.

Very nice indeed, if it were my choice would remove the wraps, Aston's don't need modding...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom