• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Service plans doubled overnight?

...In Germany, AMG stands for "Adiö Mein Geld" (= Goodbye my money)...
Many "performance" brands have amusing acronyms associated with them in their home country. For example, in Britain, Lotus = Loads Of Trouble, Usually Serious.

The Mercedes Service plan is no longer viable for me on the SL63 as the next service is a B at £500 before shopping around and the service plan is £2304 for 3 years (B A B), so way over priced now!

The Mercedes Service plan is no longer viable for me on the SL63 as the next service is a B at £500 before shopping around and the service plan is £2304 for 3 years (B A B), so way over priced now!
£1836 for three services on my SL500 Steve, yours must include AMG tax!

My W205 C63 went into Mercedes today for work as part of a recall. Job done, no problem. While there I got a quote for the service plan and for the 4 years it worked out £82 a month. I’ve spent the last hr working out if this offers any good value or not. I know from reading this and other threads it’s not cheap 💵 MOTs, oil and filters included, which is easy to cost for but the app won’t let me check prices of plug and coolant changes or gearbox oil changes so difficult to work out, I’m not sure 🤔

the app won’t let me check prices of plug and coolant changes or gearbox oil changes so difficult to work out, I’m not sure 🤔
Fudge the mileage to coincide with the mileage intervals for the additional Items - keep adding 10,000 miles to the current mileage box in each quote you generate until you have the cost of all items.

Service Plans probably won't add up as a saving now as Mercedes charge heavily now for MOT'S and I suspect even fewer are taking the plans out anyway

Fudge the mileage to coincide with the mileage intervals for the additional Items - keep adding 10,000 miles to the current mileage box in each quote you generate until you have the cost of all items.
😁 good thinking. And am I right over the 4 yrs it would include at least one of all the major items.

😁 good thinking. And am I right over the 4 yrs it would include at least one of all the major items.
Yes, but likely with two exceptions: fuel filter and coolant are usually at 15 years or 155,000 miles, but check yours to be sure.

Service Plans probably won't add up as a saving now as Mercedes charge heavily now for MOT'S and I suspect even fewer are taking the plans out anyway
You would think if people are reluctant to take out the plans they would lower the cost to encourage take up rather than increase them 🤷‍♂️

You would think if people are reluctant to take out the plans they would lower the cost to encourage take up rather than increase them 🤷‍♂️
They have to try it first for a while to see what happens but it certainly for my car is more than the individual three services cost

Seems like the MB sevive plan website is like that of airlines, look to book a ticket, 10 mins later the price rises.

Those prices above are ludicrous.

I got a 3 year plan for my w251 4 years ago, I jumped on the 20% discount offer, think it was just over 800 pounds.

GSF, mann filters, correct spec oil. A look on the ESS, spanners out is the way forwards.

I recall a few years ago the dealer emailed me and gave me several pounds of free repairs if my car failed its mot - i did not take it up and cars always passed mot

I've had a three yr serive plan bought 4 years ago for my gle

The mot and service plan - does a mot fail mean free fix if its not the tyres or brake/wipper wear?

It rarely happens but every few years they do a discount for Black Friday pay up front plans
I took out the plan over the phone a couple of days before the above deal and thankfully saw it and ranng them under the 14 days long distance cancellation thing annd got a few hundred quid off it , few hundred i think i was paying 1400_ and got it fot 1260

My paln was to get B service 4th year, A service plus ATF change and thats big money and then B service

I recall a few years ago the dealer emailed me and gave me several pounds of free repairs if my car failed its mot - i did not take it up and cars always passed mot

I've had a three yr serive plan bought 4 years ago for my gle

The mot and service plan - does a mot fail mean free fix if its not the tyres or brake/wipper wear?
I don’t believe it’s a free fix of anything. MOT cost included and that’s about it

Hi Bobby. I’ve tried this and the only extra big item I can get to show is the transmission oil and filter at a cost of £229.31 No matter how many times I keep adding 10k miles it’s just the A service (£523.12) that shows. (+ dust filter and brake fluid) struggling to justify the 1k a year when the A service is £523 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom