Service plans doubled overnight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don’t suppose you previously looked at paying for 2 services over 24 months and now you’re looking at paying for 2 services over 12 months are you?

For me at least, the service plan website defaults to 2 services over 12 months (those things beinh the minimum number of services and the minimum number of monthly payments).

Nope. Pretty sure I am checking the same thing. In fact, I can see that for my non-AMG mercedes it only went up a bit, but for my AMG one doubled.

I hope mine hasn’t gone up because I was taking one out on Thursday but the dealer couldn’t process it because I already had a service contract in place.

Frustratingly the last service on the last contract was used on that day. The girl doing it doesn’t work on Fridays so it might have cost me dearly!

Jesus ! £1000 a service and 2 of them are A service oil changes
I find it hard to believe that MB have virtually doubled the price on service plans, when they weren't exactly bargains to begin with. I wonder whether this is a prelude to them offering "discounts" on exaggerated prices? If not they are playing directly into the hands of good indies.

Over the past 15 years I had a Renault, Kia, and now Suzuki, serviced only by the dealers, and the costs were a fraction of what the 'prestige' marques charge.

Here at Chez Wighty I charge myself £30-40 for an oil and filter change and £100 for a Gearbox service .
I might have to up my charges :cool:
You're deffo not charging enough Wighty.
Especially if you also offer complimentary Lavazza and Biscoff bikkies

Over the past 15 years I had a Renault, Kia, and now Suzuki, serviced only by the dealers, and the costs were a fraction of what the 'prestige' marques charge.
Someone has to pay for the swanky glass and stainless steel showrooms. And the suits sat around staring into space when they're supposed to be selling things.

The odd thing is that service charges at "prestige marque" main dealers in continental Europe mostly don't have the massive price mark-up over those with mainstream brand franchises. There's a reason why the automotive manufacturers have long referred to the UK as "Treasure Island".

Someone has to pay for the swanky glass and stainless steel showrooms. And the suits sat around staring into space when they're supposed to be selling things.

The odd thing is that service charges at "prestige marque" main dealers in continental Europe mostly don't have the massive price mark-up over those with mainstream brand franchises. There's a reason why the automotive manufacturers have long referred to the UK as "Treasure Island".
It's the 3 layers of "welcoming" staff that soak up the costs. I've never understood why my local MB dealership (and BMW is just as bad) insist you have to pass through at least 2 reception areas before you get to your relevant area of interest, where invariably you get studiously ignored for 10 minutes.

The question is why do people keep paying for these prices?

Having said that not all dealerships have these extortionate prices. In the other thread, someone posted a number of Mercedes dealership in the south west that do value service for cheaper than you can find it in Indys (very very tempting). And places like Mercedes Sheffield also do very good prices for service.

They could half the cost just by cutting out the ‘welcome to Mercedes blah, my name is blah, how can I direct your call blah blah’ every time somebody calls a dealership 😂

The question is why do people keep paying for these prices?

Having said that not all dealerships have these extortionate prices. In the other thread, someone posted a number of Mercedes dealership in the south west that do value service for cheaper than you can find it in Indys (very very tempting). And places like Mercedes Sheffield also do very good prices for service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom