Service rip off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think they actually do more than on a basic A service. Of course it's a bit of a hunt for additional work to upsell.
No upsell at all yday after my service.

See my car's up for its service soon (first one under my ownership) and I can't decide what to do it needs a b1 so B + brake fluid I'm getting goutes from the online booking tool of between 435 and over 560 for the same thing. For oil+filter and cabin air filter it's a lot of money the brake fluid change is about 100 of the total and that's also ott for what it is. Granted I get the recovery extended but what's that 80 value? The only bit really worth caring about is the body warranty

If anyone can recommend a good indie Doncaster /York/ hull way or I just use my guy that looks after my other cars but would rather someone with star and can update the online history

It wouldn’t if it was not on the ESS sheet, don’t quote me but for my car it’s schedule for change every 3 years if I remember correctly, which I think is still too long, but what do I know.

But in your case 4 years and not schedule for a change, that’s not good, did you see the condition of it when it was finally changed.
Yep - it was pretty bad. You would hope that paying around £150ph you would get someone knowledgeable about cars and not someone just ticking off a sheet. I got it replaced at my own cost and after complaining got my money back from MB. The car went to 3 service centres in the 4 years and each time it was not checked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom