Shake Rattle and Fast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

didgit

Car
Silver C220CDI
on way home this pm A38, just passing slow volvo when checking rvm bright red car coming up fast behind, moved over to let it through, it was a nice shiney ferrari, dont know what model but was on an X plate, any way pulled out behind it and followed it upto a roundabout, the road had those yellow rumble strips on it, the ferrari was SHAKING all over, every body panel seemed to be vibrating and shaking, the worst bit was the boot lid (engine cover?)
it was shaking so badly in the thing looked as though it was about to fall off.
the wife said that why would anybody pay so much money for such bad quality, i said to go fast, wife replies our car goes fast and looks better, :rock: and it doesnt shake and rattle like that c**p.
i was shocked, i thought it was only BMWs she had it in for!!

anarchy-inc said:
I love the line; "Based on the Pontiac Fiero, so it looks the real deal." :crazy:
The Ferrari in Miami Vice was based on a corvette, hardly anyone noticed. The Fiero was designed to look like a Ferrari and some independent dealerships even sold them with replica Ferrari bodywork already installed :)
anarchy-inc said:
Although it probably wasn't a kitcar, owuld have been a Q plate and not X.
Depends on how much of the car was original, the car you posted a link to has a D-plate :)

If anyone is interested I know of a Ferrari that need restoring from scratch
I think its a Testarossa :D looks like a good project.
My girlfreind has already forbid me to buy it ! (Yeah like thats helped....)

Shude said:
"Italian trash" :rolleyes:

I know that quote ...

Is it:

1. Go Go Yubari in Kill Bill 1
2. Or Charlie Sheen in No Man's Land?

(Disagree vehemently with that statement, BTW ;) )

Flyer said:
I know that quote ...

Is it:

1. Go Go Yubari in Kill Bill 1
2. Or Charlie Sheen in No Man's Land?
I was quoting Charlie Sheen, but I saw Kill Bill again on Sunday and I noticed the other "Italian trash" comment, I'd totally forgotten about that one!
Flyer said:
(Disagree vehemently with that statement, BTW ;) )
I stand by my statement.

nope it didnt look like that one, it was much newer!
my younger brother wanted to build a ferrari kit based on a toyota MR2, he bought a BMW 3series coupe instead, very dull, very small and cramped!

It was probably an F40 - they have paper thin panels. Last time I drove along with one, the whole body flexed and rattled about. When he hyperspaced into the horizon, it was immediately verified as a real one.

The Z8 I was racing down the M6 had a lot of flex under the rear bumper. 5/6 inches of flex along the bottom edge at high speed......

how about the toyota mr2s with body work to look like like ferrari.

in my opinion ferraris are crap. save the extra and buy a merc sl55 amg or the similar one or a hummer something with power that stands out and not a load of crap. which people only think is nice because of the value. id always choose a lambo instead of ferrari see a lot less of them if you want a car like that and whats the point of getting a car with speed if you wish to show it off you need to be going slow enough for people to see it.

nfs_tgb said:
how about the toyota mr2s with body work to look like like ferrari.

in my opinion ferraris are crap. save the extra and buy a merc sl55 amg or the similar one or a hummer something with power that stands out and not a load of crap. which people only think is nice because of the value. id always choose a lambo instead of ferrari see a lot less of them if you want a car like that and whats the point of getting a car with speed if you wish to show it off you need to be going slow enough for people to see it.

That may well be true, and it's all about the money you're prepared to spend. Ferrari's may be crap, but I'd rather have a REAL Ferrari than an MR2 made to look like one. Hell, just give me the MR2, at least it's an honest car, not forgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom