Shiny pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mobyone, please read what you see. Trust me and others. The advice you have got from here is dead right. The SLK ones even fit a W124 and a W201.

Please, offense not intended

Ian B Walker said:
Mobyone, please read what you see. Trust me and others. The advice you have got from here is dead right. The SLK ones even fit a W124 and a W201.

Please, offense not intended

Ian - dont worry!! no offence taken! as if i would!

I am going to order the sl ones now!

mobe

mobeyone said:
Now seems to think there is a kit available for the w203.. me thinks this is going to cost more!
Just order the ones we listed part numbers for!

There may be a "kit". If it comes with the foot rest as well then maybe it's worth looking at! ;)

I want to order some - I get 10% off as an MBOC member but want the round dot parking brake pedal if anyone can find the part number?

stats007 said:
I want to order some - I get 10% off as an MBOC member but want the round dot parking brake pedal if anyone can find the part number?
Not yet :(

I will try a stealership in a few minutes. The problem is that my local stealership have turned into robots. I have tracked one of the helpful parts guys down to another stealership - I will see if he has 5 minutes to spare with the EPC.

Failing that I could try my own EPC but I don't think the sport designated W211 existed when it was released.

Jackson's of Bournemouth are very helpful in the parts department - Mervyn Wright mainly deals with classics spares but they know their stuff.

Tel: 01202-666330

Last edited:
Just got off the phone again!

They were originaly very reluctant to order them saying they woudl prefer to wait until the factory advise them but have now ordererd them and should have them by saturday!

Dont think I am very popular at the moment with them!

mobeyone said:
They were originaly very reluctant to order them saying they woudl prefer to wait until the factory advise them but have now ordererd them and should have them by saturday!

Dont think I am very popular at the moment with them!
They are worried that you will reject the parts and not pay for them. I ordered 7 sets of those pedals once ;) . If you order one part they question it, order multiples and they don't care ;)

My local parts dept. never batted an eyelid ... they just checked the description for each was what I thought it should be, and said thanks for providing the numbers!

Ditto! The only eyebrow raised was when I ordered a new sun visor for the SL - parts bloke said "Why are you ordering SL parts?" - took him outside and showed him why....

If you get any grief, just offer to pay for 'em up front?

GregE240 said:
Ditto! The only eyebrow raised was when I ordered a new sun visor for the SL - parts bloke said "Why are you ordering SL parts?" - took him outside and showed him why....

If you get any grief, just offer to pay for 'em up front?
I rang to order some parts a while ago and some new bloke asked me how I would like to pay for them, I said "when they arrive". He said all parts have to be paid for beforehand, I told him I never had to do that before! He checked on the computer, saw my previous 4 years of parts purchases including an AMG backbox, hundreds of pounds worth of wiring, about 15 sets of pedals etc and said "yes, that's fine then".

That's another one trained! :rolleyes:

Ive just gone shiny ! Thanks to all who posted part numbers, How To etc. Stealership were useless...

attachment.php

Have also put on personalised plate (modified a bit for posting...)
attachment.php

And I've installed a stereo with iPod control, plus a mount for the iPod:
attachment.php

Want to do self-dim mirror, but I've tried to get the light unit cover off and can't do it. Almost ripped my fingers off in the little holes. Any better advice that pull it and use a scredriver in the clips would be good - pull in what direction, what exactly to do with the clips, etc...

Also - don't know how to embed pictures directly .... :eek:

Attachments

• car001.jpg
    car001.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 166
  • car004.jpg
    car004.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I have too!!!

got my pedals this morning, took me 30 minutes though and they are sooooooooooooo much better!! feel very sure and solid.

One thing i have noticed is my kick down has changed a little... anyone else notice this? or is it me?

Also fitted the mudguards this morning so my hands are hurting!!

wonder what mod is next for me!!

stats007 said:
Any news on the revised part number for the round dimple parking pedal?
If only! Looks like I might have to turn up in person :rolleyes:

Hurrah ! Figured out how to do pics

Proud of my new shiny pedals
car0020tu.th.jpg

My iPod installation
car0045wo.th.jpg

And my new reg plate..
car0016vr.th.jpg

Would like to change the grille to one with the star on it, and then swap the bonnet star for a disc. Is that possible?

attic said:
Would like to change the grille to one with the star on it, and then swap the bonnet star for a disc. Is that possible?

It is possible, but please dont! dont ruin the Classic look of the CLK

stats007 said:
Will the pedals from an R230 SL55 fit an R129?
Not quite!

The gas pedal is different.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom