Sightings of 'unusual/rare' cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That BMW has a strong look of a Fiat Barchetta.

Which came first though?

The Z1 came first (89-91). The Barchetta ran from 1995-2005 (with a short break after Maggiora, the original coachbuilder, went bust and Fiat had to re-tool to manufacture in-house).

My Barchetta's not worth as much as a Z1 but I reckon it's better looking ;)

Cheers,

Gaz.

I didn't see one exactly... I drove a Ferrari 250 GTO!
I went to a party with my wife and some chap had brought "his fathers car" - he was sitting next to my wife at dinner, I was across the room. My wife said I'd like to see his car as he mentioned it was a Ferrari. He came over after dinner and gave me the keys, told me to take it for a spin.

Unfortunately we'd all been drinking so I wasn't going to take it out on the road, I did however drive it around a rather bumpy flamers field at 11pm.

My lasting memory was that it stank of petrol, sounded like an horny angle and was generally a bit of a let-down.

After doing some research I found out his father had paid £9 million for it at auction.
My view is that he should have saved his cash and bought something a lot nicer.

Never meet your hero's

Never meet your hero's
Exactly why although I've sat in one, I never want to drive a Lambo Miura. It was my childhood dream car and I built it up so far that it could never be as good as I imagine! :D

hows about this one

Attachments

• JC 001.jpg
    JC 001.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 27
  • JC 002.jpg
    JC 002.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 27
  • JC 003.jpg
    JC 003.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread