SLK320 stuck in park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

billy s

Car
SLK320
Hi all, my Slk320 year 2000 is stuck in park. It has been stood for a while, roughly 6 weeks, & was working fine before then. I can stick a pen down the release hole to allow me to select drive etc & the car drives as normal with no warning lights etc. Would I be right in suspecting the brake pedal switch as it is a common fault on the SLK? The brake lights work though so could it still be that switch?
Thanks in advance.

I've replaced the switch as it was only £8.50 +vat & all is working fine now! The switch has 6 connector pins on it so must be connected to a lot more than just the brake lights!

Hi all, my Slk320 year 2000 is stuck in park. It has been stood for a while, roughly 6 weeks, & was working fine before then. I can stick a pen down the release hole to allow me to select drive etc & the car drives as normal with no warning lights etc. Would I be right in suspecting the brake pedal switch as it is a common fault on the SLK? The brake lights work though so could it still be that switch?
Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem with my CL55 and I took it to Mercedes main dealers and they replaced "gear box selector" cost me £750 :(

But I would say try replacing the switch for £8.50 first as main dealers tend to replace things that don't need to be done :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom