Smart ForFour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
What do you all think of the current “Smart ForFour” as a possible run around car for town? This is the small hatch that can seat 3 passengers in the rear too.

Thinking of getting a 1.1 “Cool Style” trim model for the g/f (comes with alloys etc.). The car is around 68BHP but feels a lot quicker and not underpowered at all and the engine surprisingly sounds like a Kompressor when it is whining which I was very surprised at.

Good deals going on at the moment on the car…

Aren't they being discontinued? Nothing wrong with that - but thats probably the reason there are so many deals to be had....

My sister in law has one and they are great fun, loads of room, snazzy sliding back seat, good visability and rare as hens teeth on the road. You'll love it!

Yes - They are suppsoed to be discontinued next year and they are having trouble shifting them. Build quality seems ok but I wonder if after sales service/parts will be a problem when the model is discontinued? Currently, 20% can be knocked off the list price if try hard enough.

20% discount! Cant be bad! I friend of my mums has one and from all accounts she is very pleased with it :)

MB/SMART Birmingham offerred me a £99 deposit plus £99 per month deal on a 12 month contract - that was a 1.3 too. Diesel was more though. You'll find my post if you do a search.

Noticed in Autocar that the AllBlack special edition can be had for about £5900 from broadspeed.com

Hope this hellps if you want to compare how well you're doing in your negotiations...

I've driven a couple - A diesel hire car in France and a petrol model as a courtesy car from MB. Seem good quality inside, a definite amount of recognisable MB switchgear in the cabin. I though the autobox was a bit rough with the diesel, but was fine on petrol.

Tempting for the price. The option list is well priced too - especially for an APS50!!

Latest update is that there are only stock cars left and "Cool Style" is the top of the range model as comes with alloys/air con but there are none left in stock now for the UK apart from a few demos. We were offferd one with 2500 miles but it was in red and we would prefer a black one. The 1.1L engine is actualy 75BHP I have been told where I first thought that it was 68BHP. The red one were offered for £6K.

I absolutely agree with JFlemming. The interior/switches/stereo are def MB and there is alot of MB design in it. The Cool Style also gets headlamp locators upon unlock of the car from the keythob like other MB models. Just waiting for couple of sources to get back to me now about the availability.

I have driven the manual and the gear box/changes were very smooth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom